Occoquan Regional Park

Occoquan Regional Park is a 1.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lorton, Virginia that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

easy hike, great running trail, park/picnic/ball fields nearby This spacious park is scenically located on the Occoquan River diagonally across from the Town of Occoquan. It offers 400 acres of recreational space and a touch of the past with its historic brick kilns. The blue trail is well marked, and makes an excellant running trail.

canoeing

Went to hike the trail but gave up trying to find it. Then we realized it was just a loop down the road to a scenic view. Ended up renting a tandem kayak and exploring the river.

Nice park to run I enjoyed it I will return

nice and shady. Uncrowded on the trail but I could hear the highway which was a big turn-off. The trail was really well maintained. couldn't really see the river thru the trees

canoeing
Sunday, June 26, 2016

Beautiful. Better in the morning.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Found one trail in the park and it wasn't much of a trail. also very run down buildings and a bit scary parking my car here. trail was poorly marked and I want sure I was even on an authorized trail. don't bother with this park.

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Monday, July 28, 2014

good trail to take kids (9&10). the trail illustrated on the app is not completly accurate. Entrance to park is off Ox road. if you use google maps to get to the trail it will take you to a state dump so dont make the same mistake i did.

Saturday, March 08, 2014

Monday, January 20, 2014

Just finished the blue trail w/two kids (5 and 6) and we all had a great time! Just an hour long, terrain is easy for little legs in sneakers even. Might be tough if conditions were wet (leaves covered the ground). A few steep inclines/declines but nothing I had to pick them up for. Trail was often narrow so w/a dog might be tough. Well marked all along for my 6 year old to lead. Parking close by just near boat storage houses. Would recommend starting closest to the boat storage so you end with the long downhill.

Friday, November 29, 2013

I enjoyed the experience. Very easy hike and peaceful surrounding.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Nice short hike. We did it in 40 minutes and that was with one stop.