Oak Grove Lake is a 3.1 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Chesapeake, Virginia that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.1 km Elevation Gain: 1 m Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

beach

Off the end of Volvo Parkway take Bryon Street and you are there.

Good trail! Nice circle around the lake. Lots of people fishing. Lots of dogs. Short hike if you just do the 1 loop. Highly recommend!

Truly a great trail. Very easy and very well maintained. It was super busy but all the people and dogs were well behaved. Highly recommend.

Nice running trail with plenty shade

Much of the walk is close to the highway. Mile markers are easily spotted. Trail is an easy walk, stroller friendly. Lots of people running and walking.

Easy, simple dirt trail around Oak Lake. Perfect for families. Lots of dogs, runners and people walking. Plenty of parking. Clean, well-maintained trail. A lot of benches to take in the beautiful scenery of the lake. Also, there are a few hidden trails if you wanted to venture from the main circle of the Lake.

its perfect for a run and views

I really enjoyed this trail. I was eager to find the hidden trail. I found it at the end and took it which was not a problem because I prefer longer hikes. I enjoyed the hidden trail more because it was like walking through a nature trail and I only ran into one person versus the many people on the base trail.

Nice and clean park. Worth to go there at least ones to have a run or a family piknic. But if you want to chill or relax, forget it. Rd168 is so extremly loud that you barly can hear your kid shouting from 30yrds. It's not a place to get rested...

Great park for families and furry friends!

Great park for families!

Nice park

Yup! Highly trafficked. Decent shade, nice lake view. Overall not bad trail.

Packed dirt, great for bikes and strollers ... well maintained, lots of shade ... lots of places to sit and relax...

Very quick and easy lap.

Not a lot of parking. Nice trail though, less peopley than Mt Trashmore

this was a great bike ride my sister and I did with 5 kids (4 boys). it wasn't too long and the nature was beautiful! we will definitely be doing this again!

Beautiful trail, dog friendly, jogging friendly, shade, look out points! Some bugs so bring bug spray. Mostly shade but the ground gets mushy and muddy if it rains the day before.

Sun Jan 13 2019

We came back again :) my labrador loved this place so much!

Sat Dec 22 2018

Good family trail, can be packed with 5k runners.

Sun Nov 25 2018

You can't go wrong here. Plenty of room around a beautiful lake with a great surface for walking. If you like to walk 3 miles, it's twice around. Well marked at every quarter mile.

Mon Nov 12 2018

We were back again for the weekend from NC, very popular trail, recommend to go pretty early when less crowded and more parking spots. My lab enjoyed the walked :)

Mon Oct 15 2018

Very easy trail around a lake. Plenty of ppl, dogs, and even stroller traffic. The path is wide and allows for you to get around people if needed.

Wed Sep 19 2018

I took my chocolate lab to the trail and we loved it so much, easy walk, decent distance. Even some parts of the trail close to the expressway, but I didn’t find it bothersome. I plan to take my lab back again everyday until it’s time to go home

Tue Aug 14 2018

Nice walking/running path. The occasional unleashed privileged dogs. Lots of shade.

Mon Jul 23 2018

My fav for running! Beautiful park!

Sun Jun 10 2018

Short, easy, wide, packed trail. Rather busy for an early Sunday morning but everyone was very friendly!

Sun Jun 03 2018

Great walk but not quiet since it’s still near the interstate and very busy. Overall a very nice walk and scenic.

Sun Feb 11 2018

Scenic path around the lake. Heavily used, and you won’t get away from the road noise. However, if you’re looking for something quick, accessible and local to get outdoors for a bit, it’s a good walk.

Sun Sep 17 2017

Love this trail. Only problem is large groups of student athletes run at fast pace, which can be a bit dangerous. Otherwise awesome.