North Mountain Trail

North Mountain Trail is a 12.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Edinburg, Virginia that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until November.

2047 feet

we started in runions Creek went up to Church Rock and then went North the blazes were hard to find we went past the 4:20 Trail and 421 Trail thencutt a crossed onto the Tuscarora to Sugar knob cabin and around to Big Schloss that was a fun couple days

I've been going on this hike ever since I was a kid! The first half is an easy trail leading to a beautiful rocky half-way point. The final ~30 minutes of the hike is very steep. Finally, you'll reach a campsite area and an opportunity to climb over a large boulder to see a fantastic view of the valley. Always fun, and there and back in just a few hours.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

A lot of the trail seemed entirely unkempt, as if it was no longer trail. It was still great and connected me to the end of my triple crown loop though!

Wednesday, May 14, 2014