North Bank Trail to Texas Beach Trail Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(40)
Richmond, Virginia

North Bank Trail to Texas Beach Trail Loop is a 2.9 mile loop trail located near Richmond, Virginia that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and is primarily used for hiking, walking, running, and nature trips.

Distance: 2.9 miles Elevation Gain: 232 feet Route Type: Loop

Please note that this trail is susceptible to flooding.

flooded
private property

Wow, if you follow the gps in this app this is kind of a disaster. This is my first AllTrails fail. After a really nice first leg it took us through a residential neighborhood where we were dodging traffic. It was a nice walk down to Texas Beach, but the trail was flooded and we saw three snakes. I would not say this one is kid friendly. Lastly, and the worst part, this took us through a no trespassing zone across active railroad tracks. Then we had to duck under a cut open fence to continue. Would not recommend this one for anyone with kids, as I said above!

I saw dear

Hiking this trail is always an adventure but especially so today. The James River was at flood stage so much of the trail was flooded and we had to take what were little more than deer trails through the briars in order to push our way through the loop. Also be advised this is really not a sanctioned trail as you have to cross the railroad trusses and the tracks in order to make a loop. There is also a new cut through a beautiful bamboo forest so you no longer need to go up to Kansas Avenue but can stay in the woods.

A nice trail through the woods and along the bank of the James; it was very quiet when we went. Do be aware that when you reach the part intending you to cross back to the North Bank, there is a No Trespassing sign in the dead center of the trail right before active train tracks. We ended up turning around to avoid crossing the tracks with our dog which made it something like a 5 mile hike instead of 2.9, so be prepared if you're expecting to make this a loop.

I love this loop. No one else was on the trail this gorgeous september morning. lovely, peaceful walk with the dog. Takes some attention at points but mostly an easy to follow, decently maintained footpath.

Great trail. A little confusing coming under the Boulevard bridge nearest the river.

Very nice trail. Easy to moderate. Not populated during the weekdays. Good for dogs.

Early morning respite from the heat, lovely!

Mon Dec 31 2018

Very relaxing. There's plenty of rock for everyone to choose from to sit down and stare at nature. The dogs will love it too! You can also pretty much walk all the way across, I did with both of my dogs and a guy who I will call my hiking partner at the time. There are also slow moving areas I call pools, and you can relax in those and kids can play in those too. Although those are a little farther out into the middle of the river.