North Anna Battlefield

North Anna Battlefield is a 3.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Doswell, Virginia and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

historic site

Great for littles and dogs. quiet and shaded

Good trail, dog liked the river swimming.

Easy but interesting.

Nice trail for a short and light trip. Good for kids and pets.

The trails are well marked and easily traversed. Great for walking, running or hiking.

A good gravel trail in and out. The grey trail is easy, the blue trail is more moderate with hilly terrain. Lots of informative markers to learn of the battle. Did 3.5 mies with my dog Bogart.

Nice trail to the river. Lots of interesting history at the markers. Go in the fall or early spring before the bugs hatch or after the frost.

I enjoyed this hike with my dog on a beautiful fall morning. The trails are clean and an easy hike with only a few brief hills. My dog loved jumping in the river as a reward.

Beautiful trail

Short trail, nice pathways. The loop is about 1.75 miles. It's terrain is such that although short, made a decent trail run. Ran it once in one direction, and then a second time in the other direction. Will run it again, but will park out near the road so as to make it a roughly 5.0mile run

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Hiked during 25F temp and a beautiful sunny day. Did I mention 4 kids and a dog. The trail was nice and easy. We just did the grey trail to the river and back.

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Sunday, September 06, 2015

Hiked the Grey and Blue trails. Total mileage was 5.22 on GPS. The diversity of plant life was interesting: Pawpaw near the river, Mountain Laurel throughout the woods, and Hemlock at ridge top. This trail has great educational markers about the battle.

Sunday, March 22, 2015

This was a very enjoyable trail when my friend and I went hiking on it. Given the incline of the trail, I would hazard away from it if rain is possible.

All in all this trail is very peaceful, and very relaxing. Only ran into two couples while hiking it, both with dogs heading down to the river. Definitely a good place to go to enjoy a Saturday morning.

Sunday, March 22, 2015

This is a very nice trail, there are two paths the gray and blue. The gray is fairly flat whereas the blue has more steep hills and is longer. However, I highly recommend the blue trail because it'll take you down to the North Anna River.

It's fairly quite out here when my friend and I hiked it we only meet a couple of people, all who had dogs. Seems to be a popular spot for taking dogs swimming.

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Nice breezy turnaround trail. Pretty certain it's less than 2.25 round trip. More like 1.5 and 45 minutes.