New Quarter Park

New Quarter Park is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Williamsburg, Virginia that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

old growth

This trail is about .5 miles where it is but to get to it requires other trails. About the shortest makes it a 2 mile loop. This is the trail with big views of Queens Creek. A nice trail with views all the way.

This shouldn't be listed as moderate... it's really more of a family park not really hiking...

This trail is actually 7 miles and it is a true, single-file hiking trail. The trail is dirt and sand with lots of roots. It was easy to follow and there are mile markers every half mile. This is designated as a mountain bike trail so you must yield to riders. After mile 3 there are 10 spots to veer off the trail to the main park path and take a shortcut back to the parking lot.

Very nice park. I hiked on the bike trail and it was pretty quite - only passed two bikers. Would love to go back and try another trail. Very clean area with playground and disc golf.

the trail shown is not 5.1, rather closer to 7.1 miles. it is a Mountain Bike Trail, however we didn't see any bikes on a Sunday morning

Friday, December 30, 2016

Love this park! There are several trails to choose from and they are all nicely marked with maps and how long each trail is. There is even a very nice disc golf course and admission is only $3. I enjoy every visit to New Quarter.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Phenomenal....great trails and views...about 5 miles total for the hiking trails combined...great for families. I will defiantly be back!

Sunday, June 07, 2015

I rode this on a BMX bike so it was tuff but fun... Lots of obstacles and sharp turns and SHADY which is great on a hot day...

Saturday, February 07, 2015

Great trail, through the trees. Undulating, with many tight turns. Well maintained. Only the one route, 6 miles, but worth it.

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Very nice trails. Well marked. Beautiful views of Queens Creek. I really enjoyed myself.

Friday, November 08, 2013

Regarding the paved path - just as simple and sweet as it gets!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I would bring my MT Bike and Discs every Drill weekend to this park because it is right near Cheatam Annex. The hiking trails are great day hikes. The MT bike trail does need some maintenance though, but is great track none the less. I had an owl fly right over my helmet on a downhill section and made me wish I had a GoPro one time.

Monday, September 02, 2013

This place wasn't too busy for a federal holiday- I only crossed paths with two other bikers, and one runner who was yielding and pleasant. I am a beginner myself, but this trail provided wonderful opportunities ranging from easy to difficult to improve my skill and increase my confidence on TTF. A short trail, but worth the drive from Norfolk.

Saturday, June 15, 2013

This is a nice park. The staff is nice, the trails are well maintained, and offer scenery and wildlife.

Saturday, June 15, 2013

This trail offers the best views in the park. It loops all the way around the point offering great views of Queens Creek. It even has a side trail down to the water's edge. Around to the south it goes into the woods and offers some views of Cub Creek.

Saturday, March 30, 2013

New Quarter Park only offers one loop for mountain biking and it's rated as a double black diamond course by the EVMA. All of the TTFs can be bypassed, making this trail not quite as difficult as it portrays itself to be.

It's a great trail system overall, and I highly recommend it to intermediate riders.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Several loops, all great for kids. Then park staff is really great. They set out toys for kids to play with. Deer and birds sighted. I know there are biking trails here, but we've only done the hiking trails.

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Over the years, I have watched Williamsburg grow into an increasingly Disneyish destination, but I suppose that was inevitable. Despite this, I like Williamsburg and could visit every year - having visited almost a dozen times for various purposes. It is historical, educational, a nice variation on an urban hike. Go early or stay late to avoid some of the crowds. By only real criticism, shared by most other historians, is that it is too clean to be truly historically accurate. But that can't be avoided.