Mountain Top Trail Loop

Mountain Top Trail Loop is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Millboro, Virginia that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until November.

In Douthat Park, I took Ross Trail past the Lake, heading north on the right. That led me to Mountain Top Trail. When it seemed I reach the top because there were rocks and craggy trees and I could see 360° around, I went off the path of it to get a closer look at the rock formations and amazing trees and lost track of the trail a bit... Following the yellow blaze for Mountain Top Trail to head back, and realizing I was actually gaining elevation... I took out my Alltrails app and was very glad that I had connection! I truly don't know how that works when I could not send texts but I am thankful it did. A God send. Because it showed that I was going in the wrong direction and would have spent the night in the woods! So having a fully charged phone is another thing to add to my list of things to bring on a hiking expedition. (I was down to 20%)
Thank you AllTraills. I love your topographical map that works with GPS!

Monday, July 25, 2016

Went hiking on a hot July day. Was nicely shaded so we were not dying from the sun yet...Beautiful views, not too difficult. Highly recommend this trail!

Monday, November 09, 2015