Molly's Knob Trail

Molly's Knob Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Marion, Virginia that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Amazing trail! Moderate traffic and for experienced hikers. If you are in this beautiful part of the Appalachian Mountains definitely worth checking out. I have a 6 year old dog in good shape and I have taken her a couple of times..she does great but it is a steep hike and we take it slow.

Moderately strenuous climb to the vista, but well worth the effort. Numerous benches along the trail to catch your breath. Great long range views.

Beautiful views. Pretty steep at times. If you go in the summer, take plenty of water and pace yourself. Picturesque in the fall. Lots of wildlife: box turtle, fence lizard, black snake, squirrels and deer.

Molly's knob is a great hike @ Hungry Mother. The incline is pretty steep sometimes, but the trail is extremely well maintained. There are benches on the trail every so often, with two at the top as well. Incredible views at the peak! Well worth the hike!

Loved this trail!!! Absolutely stunning views from Molly's Knob. Seven members of our family had a great time hiking it today. We range in age from 70 to 7 and we all made it with lots of laughter and fun.

Views are worth the hike. I would rate this strenuous just because it's uphill almost all the way to the top then you have to be really careful coming back down because it's steep.

Great hike on well mainrained trails. The last 0.4 miles to the summit is a little strenuous but the view is worth the climb.

Awesome hike with a great view at the top! 4 miles round trip from the parking lot.

The trail going up to mollys knob is demanding in some areas but is absolutely worth it once you reach the top!!! Breath taking view!!!

Monday, October 24, 2016

Amazing place. I just did the Breaks so maybe that was too much awesome beauty at one time. If you think that you need to be in the North Cascades for incredible beauty, maybe Virginia deserves a second look.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

This is a beautiful park and like all Virginia State Parks the staff are wonderfull.

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Great hike, and incredible workout hiking to Mollys Knob.

Monday, January 18, 2016

Awesome park!

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Love
It been hiking and mountain biking hear for about 15 years

Thursday, September 24, 2015

I did the Molly Knob & vista trail which was a great work out. I was greeted at the summit being swarmed with thousands of termites ( I believe as were black ants that flew). I also did the CCC and the lake loop. It was so pretty. I relaxed by the shelter for an hour listening to the breeze in the tree leaves and watching the fish jump in the lake. There was so many great views. I went for a swim
And then had to make myself leave. It's is a magnificent palace for hiking, biking, and lots to do for the entire family from fishing, swimming and paddle boating. I can't wait to take others back with me. I'm so glad I spent the day there instead of rushing to the devil bath tub after summiting The knob. The rangers are very nice and informative as well as well as you can print the map outside forms machine is the office is closed.

Friday, August 28, 2015

Great trail. Beautiful. Hiked with my husband, moderate trail.

Friday, August 21, 2015

We hiked Clyburn Ridge Trail yesterday- beautiful views at top of ridge; moderately challenging due to climbing and descending repeatedly but slope is fairly gentle. Trail is well marked and there are benches in a couple of places if you need a little break. Very nice hike.

Thursday, July 02, 2015

Great place for a hill workout! Have a delicious lunch at the restaurant then Relax on the beach after your run. Don't forget to try the paddle boarding to complete your day of fun!

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Great for camping, hiking, canoeing, fishing

Thursday, May 19, 2011

The thing about this park that I love... Is the fact that there is soo much to see!! It has many things for a person or family to do in the summer or even on a weekend any time of year!