Molly's Knob Trail

Molly's Knob Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Marion, Virginia that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Views are worth the hike. I would rate this strenuous just because it's uphill almost all the way to the top then you have to be really careful coming back down because it's steep.

Great hike on well mainrained trails. The last 0.4 miles to the summit is a little strenuous but the view is worth the climb.

Awesome hike with a great view at the top! 4 miles round trip from the parking lot.

The trail going up to mollys knob is demanding in some areas but is absolutely worth it once you reach the top!!! Breath taking view!!!

Amazing place. I just did the Breaks so maybe that was too much awesome beauty at one time. If you think that you need to be in the North Cascades for incredible beauty, maybe Virginia deserves a second look.

This is a beautiful park and like all Virginia State Parks the staff are wonderfull.

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Great hike, and incredible workout hiking to Mollys Knob.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Monday, January 18, 2016

Awesome park!

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Love
It been hiking and mountain biking hear for about 15 years

Thursday, September 24, 2015

I did the Molly Knob & vista trail which was a great work out. I was greeted at the summit being swarmed with thousands of termites ( I believe as were black ants that flew). I also did the CCC and the lake loop. It was so pretty. I relaxed by the shelter for an hour listening to the breeze in the tree leaves and watching the fish jump in the lake. There was so many great views. I went for a swim
And then had to make myself leave. It's is a magnificent palace for hiking, biking, and lots to do for the entire family from fishing, swimming and paddle boating. I can't wait to take others back with me. I'm so glad I spent the day there instead of rushing to the devil bath tub after summiting The knob. The rangers are very nice and informative as well as well as you can print the map outside forms machine is the office is closed.

Friday, August 28, 2015

Great trail. Beautiful. Hiked with my husband, moderate trail.