Miller Avenue Biking and Walking Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray Star(44)
Indian River Park

Miller Avenue Biking and Walking Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Chesapeake, Virginia that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.4 miles Elevation Gain: 36 feet Route Type: Loop

Heavily used by bikes. It has lots of jump courses set up. The back section off the end of Miller Avenue is the most heavily used. Nice wooded trails. You can do an outside loop of 2 miles but there are closer to 10 miles of trails zig zaging the entire park.

Great ride! A combo of dirt, wooded, easy & a bit more challenging rides. I had a few tumbles but nothing too bad. Just enough to create some excitement.

I’m fairly new to mountain biking so it was a bit confusing at first but either way it was fun to ride there was plenty of stuff there I could ride and still some things I can go back and get better at. I was there for a solid 2 hours exploring all the little route options and just had a good time messing around, definitley more comfortable with my bike now. Doesn’t seem all that great to walk if you don’t know it but still pretty. Also had headphones in because there’s road noise so don’t go there if you think you’re gonna get away from the world. It also rained in the morning so I was prepared for it but it was pretty muddy but I’m young and dumb so I don’t mind getting dirty

Great trail to get out for a quick walk with family. Kids enjoyed a little exploring and seeing some ducks.

Trails marked better and seemed to have been tended to from over the winter (return trails arnt marked well as they could be), hope to see progress on swampy areas

Trail markings arnt good , features falling apart kinda , swampy on a few sections

confusing, poorly marked trails. on my visit a main trail was coned off so I had to find am alternate route to try to get all the hiking of this small place in, but I was just inspired then quickly disinterested. would be fun for a mountain biker looking for a short and basic ride.

Terrible trail for first timers. Man I couldn’t find which way to go and I ended up at dead ends and making my way back only to not know which direction again. Plus there were a number of construction trucks along the tree line cutting trees down so it wasn’t peaceful at all. I got so frustrated and before I know it I was back at the entrance with only a mile done, all because there are no signs or Indicators on direction. Also wow don’t be the first ones through there because you will be fighting cobwebs the whole time. I eventually ended up carrying a stick and waving it in front of me the whole to get the cobwebs before they got me. I will say that it’s awesome for a bike trail. So many jumps and ramps. So that part is cool. I wouldn’t bother going back to walk it. Bummer.

Perfect for Bikes! Not sure how good it'll be to walk it.

Good trail. Didn’t not see all the trash that was mentioned in previous posts. Agree that trail marks were slightly ambiguous. But nice park in the city. Plus there is a BMX area and bike paths.

Sun May 12 2019

it's a nice Trail but it needs to be labeled a little bit better. This is a great Trail for people that have a bike and why a variety of different ramps

Sat Apr 20 2019

Tue Apr 02 2019

Moderate to difficult trails for beginner mountain bikers. Huge ramps for experts! There was one area where trash/beer cans were piled up. Other than that it was a very fun ride.

Mon Feb 26 2018

A lot of litter and some idiot with unleashed dogs other than nice trail. Will do again and next time bring a bag to pickup litter

Thu Nov 23 2017

Quit crying about the litter and do something about it. It’s a free park. Do your part !!! We all need to do our part keeping trails clean.

Wed Oct 18 2017

trails were not marked very well at all and trash everywhere. not a trail i would do again

Thu Mar 10 2016

Good trails overall for a quick run - however, there is trash everywhere. It's very disappointing to see how people take care of this park.

Sat Jul 06 2013

Fun trail. It is a shared use trail. We saw some mountain bikers but only saw one while on the trail. No markers and there are several side trails that intersect throughout. Nice easy to moderate hike. A few marshy areas and a couple of creeks can be found. Overall had a great time with my 8 yr old daughter. Definitely good for kids to hike.

Tue May 28 2013

Most of this park is beautiful forrest and some wetlands. Unfortunately there is litter in a few places. If I hike it again I will bring a bag. Most of the trails in this area are pristine.