Mendota Firetower

Mendota Firetower is a 0.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Mendota, Virginia that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I am a huge fan of Big Views and that is exactly what you get here. We hiked up to watch the sunset and have dinner. I couldn't have done any better with only 40 mins until sunset.

Very pretty view. I was new to the trail and did not realize that the entrance is on the right side, just a heads up.

Hands down the best view I've yet to see! Short yet moderate to difficult in spots depending on your path. Several lookout spots along the way. Make sure your phone is charged you will want pictures.

People leave behind so much trash.

Awesome view !

I really liked this hike. My husband and I took our 3 year old daughter on this one (harnessed) and she did it pretty well. We had to help her climb at certain spots, but it wasn't too bad. Keep your child very close to you on this one, they can slip on the rocks on the way up and the rocks up top can be tempting for little kiddos to get to close to the edge. Overall, I would say this was a very enjoyable hike.

I thought this trail was moderate a lot of climbing up on rocks. But not hard at all. Beautiful view just wish people did not put graffiti all over the place. Just enjoy the beauty

Beautiful view, short, but steeper climb. Sad to see so much vandalism.