Maymont Park Garden Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(66)
Maymont Park

Maymont Park Garden Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Richmond, Virginia that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from January until November.

Distance: 2.7 miles Elevation Gain: 236 feet Route Type: Loop

historic site

recorded Maymont Park Garden Trail

It’s been ages since I’ve been here. It was really nice. I miss my mom.

Beautiful park! Nice walk.

Nice walk, beautiful weather.

Maybe the best walking area in Richmond. It has hills, animals, a Japanese and Italian gardens, mansion and plenty of room to wander and relax. It is a must see while in Richmond.

This trail was a perfect mid morning walk. I am visiting a friend in the neighborhood who doesn't have much experience with hiking. after reviewing the maps and others experiences I thought this would be a perfect place. I was expecting water features as well as a waterfall, however since I was visiting in February all of these were dried up. the wildlife animals were an unexpected surprise. I would love to visit during the fall to see all of the changes in the trees and bushes.

A relaxing stroll through Maymont Park. I Saw hawks, one perched in a tree and another feasting on a squirrel. I took some pics hopefully they came out half way decent. Overcast day with a few sprinkles but still in the fifties. Flowers are already in bloom! Nice to connect with God through nature!

Absolutely amazing beautiful park the most beautiful park in Richmond!

nice walk, beautiful day with my love.

correct previous review. Grounds are well cared for, not overgrown. incidentally check out the pollonater gardens.

Beautiful garden, very serene and a nice place to take a walk and admire nature.

Nice, quiet, not over crowded. Easy walk. It’s more for a nice stroll around the park. Pleasant :)

Nice walk. Grounds are beautiful.

Tue Feb 19 2019

Time flowed differently. Absolutely scenic.

Sun Jan 27 2019

Easy, pretty & fun. Could definitely take little ones or a stroller with ease.

Mon Dec 31 2018

Went here for a date, we walked the entire trail and more of the park, took photos of all of the beautiful botanicals, the animals they had, (although I think they should just get rid of that part entirely) and we even accidentally broke the law by trespassing into an area we weren't supposed to go. (we were really tired and we were trying to cut through) We got caught, and the lady just told us to never do it again. Very kind people. I've even been back there since and everything is fine with me and the very nice lady. I recommend this park.

Mon Nov 05 2018

Beautiful place to explore! It’s a huge area with animals, gardens, and beautiful trees to have picnics under. Make sure you wear some good walking shoes! This place can be crowded depending on the weather and season. Wish you could bring your fur babies.

Tue Oct 30 2018

Always a great visit

Fri Aug 24 2018

amazing scenery take the mansion tour very nice

Tue Jul 31 2018

It's beautiful just to walk around especially in the Japanese garden. I loved the animals and the kid farm they had for the children. The house still stands tall and is a beauty to look at. I'm definitely coming back to explore again.

Wed Jun 06 2018

Basically enter Maymont and run around aimlessly because there is no signage.

Sun May 20 2018

Breathtaking!!

Tue Oct 17 2017

Very easy trail, but stays pretty busy.

Tue Aug 15 2017

beautiful trail, easy just do on not too humid day. stay hydrated

Mon Jul 17 2017

Very pretty and serene. I only got to visit the garden trails, not the animal farm. But its gorgeous a hike, definitely recommend checking it out. You can even have a picnic or something overlooking the Japanese garden!!

Thu Apr 27 2017

Fun to run - amphitheater is great for internals.

Sun Apr 09 2017

Nice and easy for the family. Can be busy at times. Beautiful scenery.

Wed Mar 08 2017

Very picturesque! Many artists capturing the moment within the gardens today.