Mariners' Museum Park Trails

Mariners' Museum Park Trails is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Newport News, Virginia and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail. Pretty challenging. Great views with water. Plenty of elevation.

Loved it! Took the dogs and had a great time!

By far best trail in Hampton Roads

Heavily trafficked trail. Every time I've gone I've seen tons of other walkers/joggers on the path. Bridges over the lake are great.

I need to do it again

This was a great local getaway. My husband and I did it in a little less than 2 hours, walking most of the path, and sprinting up the hills. Everyone on the trail was friendly in passing, the trail was very well kept and easy to follow. Will def do again.

Nice elevation changes make it a challenging running trail.

Great trail for family. We see lots of runners out every time we go. Lots of places to rest along the way. We've seen: peregrine falcon, alligator snapping turtle, blue heron, raccoon (eek - stay away from those guys), black snakes, fish, ducks, and geese. Lots of slider turtles. It is dog-friendly and there are a few trashcans along the trail so you don't have to carry their poo the whole 5 miles. (Thank goodness.) My 5 & 7 year old can make the whole trail with a few rests along the way. In the spring there are great views with flowering fields and trees.