Lookout Tower Trail and Shelter Trail Loop

Lookout Tower Trail and Shelter Trail Loop is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Williamsburg, Virginia that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for walking, birding, road biking, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice mix of technical and some paved good for trail running, hiking, scout adventures, and mountain biking(but sign says no bikes allowed). Lots of roots so you must be fit. Well maintained by a scout troop... I added some distance on some nearby paths. This park requires $2 fee if you park a car. It has great fishing areas and boats to rent etc. The shade was awesome for me since I ran in some summer heat. I’ll be back with kids to boat and do some geocaching!

there is no mountain bike trial. The only bike trial they have is paved.

Saturday, July 06, 2013

I believe I have done every trail in the park at least once and loved them all. For the canoe/kayak people, the reservoir has 22 miles of shoreline. For the hikers, miles of beautiful forest and water-view. For mountain or street bikes try the paved joint use trail.

Friday, July 05, 2013

Lots of beautiful trails for hiking, biking, canoeing and kayaking or just plain nature walking. I love this park.

Friday, October 21, 2016