Little Stony Falls Trail

Little Stony Falls Trail is a 5.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Dungannon, Virginia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a beautiful hike gradually going uphill along a stream. Parts are very rocky along the trail, parts are over grown with several trees down blocking the trail but passable. You cross three bridges that are well constructed. The stream is full of beautiful rock formations all along the way.

Clear trail, lots of running water to listen to, not ideal for trail running though as it has many slippery points, jagged edges, and roots

great hike with 2 beautiful falls and lots of smaller casades. trail follows the creek the whole way. went in late August and variety of wild mushrooms.

I really enjoyed this trail. I didn't happen to look how far the trail went or where it went to. I just walked about 2 miles in and 2 miles out. I'm not in the best of shape but I found this trail to be comfortable to me. Didn't have to go very far at all to see the beautiful falls!

great shirt hike. Beautiful falls

Beautiful! Wonderful trail!

One of the gems of JNF.

This was a good hike, but the trail needs some maintenance. Several trees are down, the path is grown up & lots of weeds. There is one section the trail is washed out.

Great little hike. I thank God for my eyes for seeing the beauty and my ears for hearing the musical water rushing down the mountain!!

Excellent. Little Stony is gorgeous and awesome trout fishing! 10/10. Plenty of water to be filtered out. Water will need to be crossed.

wonderful trail couple wash outs not bad. we will be back. recommend to anyone.