Little Mountain Falls Trail

Little Mountain Falls Trail is a 5.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Falls Mills, Virginia that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very nice trail with no people

Overall, I enjoyed the trail. However, while on it I was wondering why it was labeled hard, there wasn't too many inclines. As we were approaching the waterfall it was a moderately steep down hill slope. It seems as though if we started going to the left side of the loop from the trail head we would have done more climbing. Wish we would have known that from the beginning! It would be worth going back again and trying the trail counterclockwise!

Wednesday, September 09, 2015

I visited in September. The waterfall was barely a trickle, but I can see how it would be a nice sight when the creek is running higher. The trail is about half up, then half down. Demanding in a few sections, but okay otherwise. A few creek crossings may be muddy. There are some sections that are steep, but it's not too bad. Good views at the top. This trail connects with several others in the park.