Lakeside Loop

Lakeside Loop is a 6.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Newport News, Virginia that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

Great loop with several beautiful views of the water! Also, some incredible historical anecdotes on a battle that occurred at this location.

This is a beautiful trail, the trails are not lakside loop though. You start at the visiters center and go around the wayside back to the fishing area. From there on down the lakeside to the trail head. Then White Oak trail and back to the visiters center. It's a good little walk,I loved it...Igave it a 4 because I did not know it was a few trails together and not marked Lakeside Loop...But it is a beautiful trail.

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Beautiful trails. Well marked. I hiked this while the park staff was putting up their Christmas light show. Most impressive!

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

This trail I found to be the most challenging of the short trails as NNP, which I loved. I also got stung by a massive bee of some kind on this trail, so I will remember it for a long time!

Saturday, June 01, 2013

Wonderful trail! It follows the lake most of the way but also dives into some woodland. We were out there early but there were a lot of people.

Saturday, June 01, 2013

I love this park. The Lakeside Loop takes you by a lot of diverse scenery and wildlife. There were a lot of people on the trail enjoying this beautiful Saturday.