Lake Trashmore Loop Trail

Lake Trashmore Loop Trail is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Virginia Beach, Virginia that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice and safe area to take a daily walk. But you have to share area with dog walkers and there is poop galore. watch where you walk or run.

I love going here. there are not many places in Virginia Beach to walk, but Mount Trashmore is 1. The View at sunset is amazing. very enjoyable place to go

Would be perfect if it wasn't for the geese and their droppings on certain parts of the trail.

Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Was a nice clean trail around the lake, however runs parallel to a busy road...for me that took some stars away.

Monday, September 12, 2016

Very good day. Weather was wondering along with the beautiful scenery. My first day towards a healthier me. 1.9 miles with a smile and reggae vibes in my ears.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

It is always nice to walk around this loop for exercise. I go with my young daughter strapped in her stroller and walk it a couple of times around. Going to get back into it now that the weather is nice again.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

We caught beautiful weather to take a walk around the water. Gorgeous views and very peaceful. Lots of people working out. They built work out stations throughout the path each one explaining something different to do and with a level of experience. Really enjoyed this, will definitely return!

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Fun, easy, and crowded

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Too busy. Large groups having cookouts or whatever in the shelters and people running everywhere. The sky opened up and we all got wet.

Monday, December 30, 2013

Great place to go for all ages and activity levels.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Use to come here as a child all the time. So when I moved back to the area and got a puppy it became the perfect place to take him so that he could burn off some of his energy.

Sunday, June 02, 2013

Pretty fun place. They have a lot of variety to it. There is a lake, a huge playground, a hill to hike up, a walking path, and a carnival. The one thing that made it four instead of five stars was the lack of bathroom access.

Friday, November 09, 2012

Like the previous reviewers have stated, this is a open concept of a city park. Many, many people, kids running all around, great place for a quick workout or a place to walk while the kids play. If you are looking for a secluded forest walk, this is not it. We enjoyed our leisurely walk with our three year old. He was thrilled that we stopped to play after our walk.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Agree with Kevin and Katina on this one. Just a city park trail, but if you live here and it's easy to get to like after work? Eh, go... There are usually a bunch of people there, but at least there's some water and the path is paved - more for runners for sure or those with strollers. I thought the stairs to the top of the mount were regular sized stairs from I-264, but being THAT wide through me off... kind of between one a two steps each... just run up and down the hills, avoiding the stairs, if that's what you're into... Even a weekday was sort of crowded after work, and not much shade... still, it'll be one of the many (and flat besides the mounts) local park trails I'll alternate visits to - just to change it up...

Saturday, June 09, 2012

Too crowded & too wide open. It's like being at a gym - everyones watching.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Look, it's a city park - an ex-garbage dump turned into a city park. Right off 264, it's a convenient place to go to get a quick fitness workout. The track is about 2 miles around with 2 lakes, one on either side of the park. My preference is to stick to the upper trails on the "mount" and just do more laps. It's a better view, better workout and the foot traffic is significantly reduced. Let others plod around the provided dirt and gravel path while you stay above it all and get the wind in your face to boot. It's a good place to go if there's nothing else readily available.

Thursday, March 30, 2017