Lake Maury

Lake Maury is a 4.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Newport News, Virginia that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good trails. Winding. A bit of a maze. Download the trail to be sure you can get back.

Not a bad trail last time I was on it (walking), however it is geared towards mountain biking. And if you do not have a clear map or a good sense of direction it can get you turned around and lost in a heart beat. The first few times I experienced this trial was mountain biking and it is a great ride.

Nice loop around a lake that has a small but decent amount of terrain change. The trail is nicely marked and includes mile markers.

Awesome, watchout for tree roots. Not crowded

I did it but I did not like some parts of it. I am not that steady on a bike.

We just got done with our first ever mountain bike ride on this trail. The beginning of the trail isn't immediately clear (down the slope and go under the fallen tree, hah!), but after getting our bike legs a bit and walking up some of the steepest parts we were able to finish! I even think we got a little lost, coming out behind the hospital and having to get back to the cars along the road on the sidewalk.

Maybe not for the most beginner of beginners, but what can I say, we're ambitious! Bring your phone and you'll be fine!