Jamestown Island Trail

Jamestown Island Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Williamsburg, Virginia that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

beach

A very easy trail, paved and level all the way. There is a three mile loop and a five mile loop to choose from. Mostly wooded or marsh. Bring insect repellent in season.

Beautiful area to enjoy nature and history at the same time. Did the museum until closing at 5pm and then walked the area free of crowds which was nice!

We tried to go along the road of island drive but we couldn’t make it more than half a mile in the loop before turning around. There were sweat bees diving into our eyes, ears, and mouths. We couldn’t lose them at normal speed and had to push 20mph to get rid of them. The weather was sunny and close to 80 degrees. I expected a little more breeze than we had due to the water being right there, but we were making our own wind. Be careful of heat exhaustion.

I think the distances listed here are way off. I walked the route outlined and I'm pretty sure it's nowhere near 3 miles. Maybe 1.5 miles at most, but probably not even that. Walking around on the spot of one of the first settlements in the present-day U.S. is a must do.

Nice historical adventure with the family. Snapped a pic with Phocohontas for the a child's memory book.

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Very pretty woods. Single lane road with no bike lane. Had to pull off the side of the road several times to let vehicles pass . If you go, go early so there is less traffic.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Hot in the summer, take water, good trail

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Very busy but nice.

Friday, May 31, 2013

I did this loop and the other one about a month ago. I saw two large deer. The forrest and the wetlands are great. A short side trek takes you out to the big river. (James River) The only thing I did not like was sharing the trail with so many bikes and cars.

Sunday, April 01, 2018