Ivy Creek Natural Area Trails

Ivy Creek Natural Area Trails is a 4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Charlottesville, Virginia that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

My daughter and I hiked the red and dark purple peninsula trail as well as parts of the blue and light purple trails. We saw a fawn on the edge of North Field and a doe in the water on the red trail. We also saw 2 big black rat snakes as well as a Great Blue Heron, mallards and Canadian Geese. It was hot so I was surprised to see so much wildlife during the heat of the afternoon. Loved it here and will return.

Great trail

The trails were well maintained and clearly mark. I enjoyed the hike in the trails.

breath taking amazing views. Try starting out with the red trail, yellow, orange, then purple but really you need to experience all them, just get lost and when you don't know how to get out just look for the signs that lead you towards the field and you will connect back to parking

We walked this is no time with the kids who really enjoyed themselves everything was nice and had beautiful spots for pics. I enjoyed the history and the pamphlets provided. We saw four deers and four people walking at different times on the trail. We will do this one again.

Well maintained paths. Great for an hour or so walk on fairly easy trails.