Indian River Park Trail

Indian River Park Trail is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Chesapeake, Virginia that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

The park is between the Hampton Roads Beltway and Military Highway. If you are coming from the Greenbrier shopping area of Chesapeake cross over Greenbrier Parkway and take the right hand turn onto Military highway and head for 1.3 Miles to Paramount Avenue (between two car dealerships), once there just follow the flow of traffic along the road and about 1 Mile down the road you will see the entrance to the park on your left.

not a bad little walk to just get out of the house for a bit.

This is a small local trail for me, and excellent for walking/hiking and mountain biking. I do wish it had better markings, but that is only a minor issue.

great place for a bike ride! can get lost for hours if you want.

This was a beautiful beautiful trail. The trail is clearly marked but you can go off on all the little side trails and not feel like you're getting lost. We saw tons of little lizards, squirrels, and these cool damselflies that were either black or dark dark dark blue. I've never seen anything like them. Will definitely be doing this trail again.

The water nearby is just a smelly swamp... close to the road... kind of decent if you take the blue trail..

Overall short and meh

easy course. flat land next to a swam which is next to busy roads.

ups and downs, bridges. well marked. i likes.

Tuesday, December 06, 2016

We had fun here! As was said in another review, it really felt like you were out in the woods and not in the city! We took a long route 2.77 miles, a little hard to navigate but a fun adventure.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Nice trails

Monday, September 05, 2016

Literally just went. Felt like we were in the middle of nowhere but still in the city! Lots of rugged paths and mud, some of which was a bit like quicksand. Probably want to wear shoes you are okay with messing up. One of the people that came with me saw a spider the size of a small mouse; tons of spider webs in some parts, just grab a stick and wave it in front of you. I love adventures and off course things, so I would love to come back. Pretty easy to get lost, though.

Monday, September 05, 2016

This trail has a locals vibe and is geared toward BMX and mountain bikers. There were a few areas that were only for bikers so if you're walking through you need to stay out of the way. No payoff views but a solid loop for a palate cleanser.

Thursday, August 11, 2016

This a fantastic trail. There are a ton of routes to choose from. Spread out through the trails are technical obstacles as well that can be bypassed or conquered, which allows for growth for those new to MTB. This will be a good to spot from now on!

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Great trail! Had it all to myself on a Saturday afternoon. I think it's great for beginner mountain/trail bikers with some challenging parts here and there. Plenty of routes to go around a challenging part if you're not ready for it. This trail will help you get up to the next level experience.

Friday, November 27, 2015

Pretty trail, but kind of short. We walked in a few circles but after 30-45 minutes we made our way out and figured that was about it.

Sunday, November 22, 2015

I just used my 50cc leaf blower to clear off the outer loop for mountain biking. The trail is marked by blue spray paint arrows if you take it counter clockwise. Now is the time to hit it if you don't want to get lost.

Thursday, September 17, 2015

This trail is 2.5miles and is the longest hiking trail in Northwest River Park. It's a free entrance. The trail signs are adequate enough. There's a lot of spider webs as you walk thru the trail. We only saw three people hiking the trail. We did not get lost so maybe it isn't so bad for my first time.

Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Nice trail. Only reason I didn't get lost was because of the spider webs. Lol

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Best local spot to run RC trail rigs and Crawlers. Just stay off the jumps and ramps out of respect fot the hard work the BMX guys have put into them. I tried to build a RC only course out there to help with that but someone didn't like the idea and destroyed my work. All good.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The trail itself was pretty well maintained except a few pretty deep mud holes along the trail. Not very clearly marked? And TONS of spiderwebs across the trail. I don't mind them I found it a minor annoyance but someone who hates spiders probably shouldn't go on this trail.

Saturday, September 06, 2014

Hiked it today with my husband. It's a good walk, not too difficult and interesting enough to hold your attention - really enjoyed seeing all the bike jumps and improvements the BMXers have made. Fun to watch them ride. The trails criss-cross all over the place and aren't always marked, so we just picked directions at random - I recommend this method if you've got time, it was a lot of fun.