Indian Creek Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Chesapeake, Virginia that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.8 miles Elevation Gain: 6 feet Route Type: Out & Back

A nice walk in the woods but not as much to see as some of the trails in the park. Located inside Northwest River Park.

flooded

recorded Pardo

This trail was super muddy when I walked it, but I’m sure it is less so when it gets to the summer months. I recommend pant or y’all boots/shoes if you don’t want to get mud on your legs.

bridge out

We had a blast but the trail could use some maintenance. Hiked with 4 kids 10 & under. Took 2 hours with lots of breaks and snacks. Scenery is gorgeous - tons of fiddle head ferns. Nice to sit out by the lake and have lunch before hiking back.

soooo muddy. sometimes you could get around it, but my dog (and shoes) were a mess when we finished

bridge out

Pretty muddy areas of the trail with a small bridge that is out. Still a fun trail to go through, and I had to clear pet of the trail from a large branch that was cut and blocking the trail, but overall still fun.

Pretty but muddy. Just wear boots. Nice loop with return on shuttle trail.

Tue May 28 2019

Trail marked very well. Easy trail. I would recommend at least trail sneakers. Hiking boots are not needed. I would not recommend this trail after a lot of rain

Sun May 26 2019

This is a nice easy path. Plenty of places to stop and sit if needed. Currently there is one downed tree that blocks the path but it is not to difficult to get around. Dogs are allowed but I would caution the Tick population is Extremely high ( We lost track after 30) . The mosquitos were active but not to the point of intolerable, granted you are hiking through part of a swamp. One bridge was sketchy towards the end.

Sun Oct 02 2016

The trails are poorly maintained. Had to climb over several fallen trees blocking the paths. The mosquitos were horrendous. We actually ended up cutting our hike short because they were intolerable. Though I'm sure it's not like that all the time because the rangers even commented on how terrible they were. The rest of the park is great though. I'm sure after a freeze or two, it's going to be an excellent hike. We are looking forward to going again after the freeze.

Sun Nov 01 2015

Easy walking/running trail. There are many picnic areas with descent restrooms. The signs are confusing, we really didn't know which way to go, but that was okay b/c paths lead into each other which puts you back to the main office. We will return for more walks and take advantage of the canoeing & paddle boats that are for rent, at a very low fee.

Wed Jul 10 2013

My kind of trail. I do not like the big wide open trails. I hiked part and ran part. There were suppose to be some old stills but I did not see them.

Tue Jul 09 2013

This is a beautiful wooded trail that follows close to Indian Creek. You really do not see much of Idian Creek. There are a lot of ferns.

recorded Recording - May 12, 04:05 PM