Humpback Rocks Recreation Area

Humpback Rocks Recreation Area is a 1.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Lyndhurst, Virginia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Easy hike. Highly trafficked. 2017.

This was a trail and view I was proud to have all to myself on an early Monday morning. This is an area well known for herds of people pollution, this is why I was amazed to have it all to myself! You can tell by the wore out areas on the amount of people that use this trail. I returned to the parking lot to see only one other car and another pulling in as I was stowing my gear!

Totally worth the steep climb to the top. Gorgeous views!!

Pretty difficult. Note that the summit is a fairly steep rock, so if you're a little scared of heights like I am you may not fully appreciate it.

Awesome short hike. It’s a small bye in for such an awesome view. Lots of traffic though

The summit offers great views! There are no switchbacks, so it’s steep. We hiked before sunrise and went a little off-trail by mistake.

Great views but lots of people on a Saturday.

I did this hike back in July and it was so hot. It was a pretty moderate climb but well worth it had lunch at the top.

The .8 mile trip up is NO JOKE! It was strenuous, but in a good way! The views at the top were well worth the pain! It was a beautiful Saturday when we visited and VERY busy both on the trail and on the rocks. We took the slow, long way back down. It was about 3 miles, way less crowded, and beautiful!! Overall, great day!

Best view!!! So good!