Hidden Valley Lake

Hidden Valley Lake is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Abingdon, Virginia that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and mountain biking and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This one is a nice close to home spot for me. I went on a weather perfect Sunday afternoon and there was no one else on the trail and just a few people fishing/kayaking. The trail is obviously not much traveled, somewhat overgrown. Overall a fairly easy hike. We took the gravel road to return to our car rather than retrace the trail again. The whole hike was quiet and lovely, but not much view of the lake during the summer.

Very close to home and have made frequent camping, fishing, and hiking trips. Beautiful area!

Easy trail with few views, but good for a nice walk.

Thursday, April 27, 2017

This is a relaxing trail with minimal climb. We parked at the boat landing (the first turn after coming in view of the lake) and followed the road out to the dam where the trail changes from gravel road to grass/dirt trail. Lake view is minimal at this point as the trail meanders through the woods for about 2 miles. The trail returns to gravel road to complete the loop back to the parking area. Several trees have fallen over the winter but were easily crossed. Nice trail for us for an after school hike.

Saturday, August 13, 2016

So this isn't really a hiking trail. I didn't get to any lake. Hunters were nearby I could hear them so I turned around.

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Really nice but definitely wear pants!!!

Tuesday, May 24, 2016