Great Falls Loop Trail

Great Falls Loop Trail is a 4.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near McLean, Virginia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

whitewater kayaking

National Park Service 703-285-2965

We really enjoyed this trail. The trail was challenging enough to make it fun for us (new hikers) but not so challenging we never want to hike again

Amazing place! It is busy, but it doesn't take away from the beauty of the place. There is an entrance fee, I paid $10 for a car with 2 people including myself in it and they do accept card. I took the Pawtomac Trail then got on the River Trail. Fairly easy hike and there's lots of things to see and do off the trail as well. Overall great experience, and I suggest this for anyone who loves scrambling and scenic views!

Always crowded. Entrance Fee during public holidays.

Did the trail from Riverbend Park to Great Falls overlook and back. Very pretty; muddy in places but nothing treacherous. Trail was not too crowded 9-11 am on a Sunday.

Great beginners trail. Lots of people which is expected this close to D.C.

Very nice overlooks, since there are multiple, but it's VERY crowded.

I loved every minute of this trail, the twists the turns, the rocks, climbing down to the river, up to the view, so many pictures that day. I loved it.