Great Falls Loop Trail

Great Falls Loop Trail is a 4.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near McLean, Virginia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

whitewater kayaking

National Park Service 703-285-2965

You nice walk. Very easy and fun rocks to climb on. Cool crevices to climb down. Fun for kids.

I hiked this trail alone this winter when the temp was 23 degrees. My usual hiking partner was on the disabled list with a broken foot though it's highly unlikely she would have joined me under those conditions. It was beautiful then and equally beautiful this Summer especially with my wife along. The additional foliage did obscure some views and we were a little late for wild flowers. Nevertheless Great Falls is one of my favorite places and I'm glad it's practically in my back yard.

Get there early. went at about 9:30am on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend and by the time we left around 11, the line of traffic was backed up more than a mile outside the gate house.

Gorgeous hike, can't wait to go back.

After a few rainy days, I hiked this trail 7am this morning with work colleagues. We unwilling left the trail and had to climb a rocky area but it was a lot of fun. So much water At the water falls.

waterfalls and a nice walk....3 scenic overlooks in the area.

We really enjoyed this trail. The trail was challenging enough to make it fun for us (new hikers) but not so challenging we never want to hike again

Amazing place! It is busy, but it doesn't take away from the beauty of the place. There is an entrance fee, I paid $10 for a car with 2 people including myself in it and they do accept card. I took the Pawtomac Trail then got on the River Trail. Fairly easy hike and there's lots of things to see and do off the trail as well. Overall great experience, and I suggest this for anyone who loves scrambling and scenic views!