I live near this trail and tend to visit it 4 to 5 times a week for a peaceful 2 mile hike. if your a lake of the woods resident there is an entry point in the LOWA church parking lot which is nice, getting to the rt 20 public starting area would be the half way point. I must credit the park services, the trails have been blocked by large trees after this years (2018) summer storms, the park maintenance service cleared the path completely within a couple weeks. The effort seems impressive as there where very large trees to cut through. This trail is maintained and would rate it as an easy, nice 2 mile walk. The civil war historic significance of this area is fascinating, it's very much a graveyard to many fallen soldiers. I would not advocate running as there are roots and small snags to roll your ankle if trying to jet through at a quick pace. You can visit the LOWA equesterian center from this trail to see horses if you take the correct paths. I am biased as I visit this area almost daily, but it's a fantastic 2 mile, 40 min little trail.