General Sheppard Crump Memorial Park Loop Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray Star(76)
General Sheppard Crump Memorial Park

General Sheppard Crump Memorial Park Loop Trail is a 2.6 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near Glen Allen, Virginia that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.6 km Elevation Gain: 21 m Route Type: Loop

I was here really late. 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM. It was good though. I was pissed when this dude got TOOOOOO close on me on bike. Pissed me off. I wanted to push him off the bike. Like when I parked my car, almost all the spots write taken. There were no every other spots. It was annoying. Too close. But it was good! I explored the outer rim of trail and I learned a lot of the space. Loved it.

Saw someone from my past and it freaked me out (Weber). Did some light jogging after joy. Too many people. But distances were kept.

Perfect day for a walk. Terrible Signage so be flexible. If you want to ride a mountain bike that would be nice.

Easy, breezy, beautiful cover girl. Not a lot of people. Lovely day for a quick putting. Here between 4-5pm.

Still too many people. Here for only for only an hour - 4:30-5:30pm. People seemed to be spreading out more but there was still too many people. I’m not high enough for this. It’s been windy today. Hot wind today.

Hot day! Too many people. Did a lot of trail and less pavement. Still good. 1-3pm

This was an easy day. I didn’t try too hard. 6pm-7:22pm. Still fun. I should put in more effort next time. Nice to have a good one with not a lot of annoying people!!! - it was pretty windy - it rained two days ago - I paid attention to the trails and didn’t get lost because I stuck to the outlier.

Went biking with a few buddies and we had a blast! Great trails for someone new to mountain biking, there are a lot of fun trails here.

Nice park to chill and catch a vibe at. The trail is rough however.

3:45-4:12pm The relentless families are out. High. Nice wide route around the trail on the outer rim. A nice walking and jogging lap around the park.

Not bad for a daydreamer!!! (Stoned)

Meh. Still too many fucking kids and families. Did two jogging laps. Here from 5:30-6:40pm.

It’s ok. I got lost. It is windy today. Blah. (High)

Was here late. Almost 6 to almost 8 pm. Not a lot of people. Got lost in the trails and then did two laps along the pavement - one walking, one running.

Nice, easy park to walk the dog. You can stay on the path, walk around the sports fields, or go up near the historical house. You can also walk through the woods, but it can get a little muddy at times And the wooded trails are not always well marked.

Very easy hike and has live stock for the kids to look at along the hike.

trails weren’t marked well

I got lost because the trail is not well marked at all. Really frustrating when this is the first time I have been here. Some parts are muddy and will always be.

Pretty sure that the person who made these paths was toking up. It’s all over the place and often not marked. That said, still a fun adventure with my family.

Trails abandoned in the 1980’s. Not well marked, easy to get off the path. Would like to revitalize these trails! Looking for partners in this venture.

Park is not safe for pedestrians. Hundreds of cars routed through the park to playing fields. Walkers have to share the same roads since there are no real trails. No sidewalks, only a few speed bumps, no enforcement, drivers disregard safety of walkers. County unresponsive.

Pleasant little park with lots of interconnected trails. Some highway noise. Flat - no elevation.

Wed May 22 2019

One of my favorite trails in Henrico. Though the trails aren't well marked, it's difficult to get lost here and there's a lot to see in these little woods (a small family cemetery plot, a couple of ponds, a big open field with benches, a truly huge willow oak). I had a little trouble finding the trailhead at first, even with my app open, but it's just beyond the first sheep enclosure and barn (directly across the gravel road from the house museum). A very peaceful place to come and enjoy. I always seem to find a new path each time I visit.

Fri Feb 01 2019

In the spring there are lots of pink ladyslipper orchids along the trails.

Sat Aug 25 2018

Small but interesting knot of trails through the wooded area. Good wildflowers, especially in the spring. Great for small kids and children. The working historical farm is a bonus. l Lambs in the springtime.

Wed Aug 15 2018

So much vehicle traffic it’s not safe to walk here any more.