Fridley Gap Trail

Fridley Gap Trail is a 15.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Elkton, Virginia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Lots of different trails and variations. Okay view wherever we ended up in 30 minutes. Great river rock scramble and rock scrambling up to our view

so many great options for different hikes. certainly my favorite in Virginia. It doesn't have to be any close to 15 miles to see plenty of beauty.

know it like the back of my hand a home away from home

Went around 4/5pm and started on the loop and set up camp off the trail before sundown. It was a gorgeous view from where I was. Woke up early the next morning and finished down the other side to the gravel fire road, I think it was called something "bear" road, it's been a couple years so my memory isn't so sharp. But my hike turned into a 22 mile hike overnight and it was the greatest experience I have ever been on.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Completed loop trail from Camp Overlook area on 2.20.2016. A nice 1/2 day hike.

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Tried to go yesterday and there were hunters everywhere!! Is that normal for George Washington forest?

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Explored many times with camp horizons day hikers and backpackers. Love it! Good swimming hole about 1.5 mi in, and wild blueberries just a short side hike up to the ridge.

Saturday, January 10, 2015

This was my first trek in George Washington National Park. Very well marked orange purple orange trail loop & very technical with eleven stream crossings. I loved it!

Saturday, November 08, 2014

very nice trail. Exelent views.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Fridley Gap was my childhood forest playground. Everytime I go there I feel nostalgia. Fridley Run and Boone Run are absolutely beautiful to hike along and through. The three mountains on the trail each have amazing views and the side trails leave extra adventure waiting for you to take them. Check out thr swimming hole and what I call the pyramids (rock formation in one of the Runs, that looks like the side of a step pyramid). I highly recommend this hike.

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Monday, August 27, 2012

Incredible! Intense inclines/declines, trail narrow and rocky in places, wonderfully secluded.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

One of my favorite training hikes.

Sunday, December 18, 2011