A and C Trails

A and C Trails is a 8.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Williamsburg, Virginia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My wife and I stayed to trail A. Only passed by a couple of bike riders. Trail is easy to follow and was a very enjoyable hike for the day.

Great park loved running on the the difficult bike trail.

Trail C is a great trail with tons of nice big jumps and gap jumps! I say from what I hear because when I went last October I miss judged a jump and went over my handle bars. Suffice to say I had a severe concussion and had around six months of memory loss for a time. Thankfully my buddy managed to get me out and to the hospital! So this is a great ride but wear your helmet! I would have probably died without mine!

Have been staying in Williamsburg and this place is super close. Normally, you have to watch out for Mnt. Bikers as this place is really geared to them. Ranger recommended hiking reverse direction so you see them coming. However, today was after a couple days of heavy rain so the trails were closed to them. Basically had the place to myself, only saw a family group on trail and one Mtn Biker who didn't get the memo. My track is C + D (I didn't do any of C West of 3). C is where all the Mnt. Bike jumps, balance beams and tricks are. 5 single track trails with other connectors, so you can put together a nice longer hike or do a shorter one. Great place... makes me want to get a MTB again! Will be back again and again.

The bike trail was closed today due to rain so we hiked Trail C. It is a well maintained trail about 5 miles total. Pretty easy.

Friday, August 12, 2016

recently have become a vegan and have ran the trail everyday. amazing in the morning but very buggy in the afternoon definitely bring some mosquito spray and anything to repel the flies. before you know it you have 5 swarming around your head and what seems like intentionally flying into your face. I live on Centerville so I just jog to the opening and run till I'm burned out. Haven't gone down any of the trails yet, I tend to just run down the road but maybe tomorrow morning, who knows.

Thursday, May 19, 2016

I went here for the first time to walk the C trail. It was accurately measured at 4.9 miles (8k). It was clearly marked, well maintained, very little poison ivy! which is a great thing as so many of the trails I walk are inundated with that stuff, and really beautiful. It looked like the most fun BMX bike trail have ever seen.

Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Awesome park with a lot of miles worth of trails. Hard to be bored.

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Great way to get away from it all. Not muddy. Minimum burn after 4.5 miles. Pretty easy. Did it with my 9 year old!

Tuesday, February 09, 2016

A nice park for riding or hiking.

Friday, September 04, 2015

Great Trail! Has a lot of fun stuff packed into it for riders who like to jump.

Friday, March 06, 2015

The snow is mostly melted, but replaced by mud. Lots of mud! I did not dare try the bike and hiking was , did I say MUD!

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I can't wait to go back to ride the trails in this park!!!! I highly recommend it.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Lets put I this way, if I know I was going to be on "that side of the water" my bike was on the car. There are multiple single track trails to ride with drops, doubles, and rails. It is also a great place to bring the family and dogs, except peak season w/ ticks, to take out hiking. The new addition of GoApe just puts the icing on the cake which allows for 3 hours of tree courses and Zip----Lining. I will miss this park when I leave VA for MA this weekend.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

I started to ride here as soon as I got stationed here. Park is amazing. Trails are very up kept and lots of fun for all types of riders. Whenever I am in the area I make it a point to ride here. Great place!!

Saturday, June 01, 2013

As an MTB geek, I gotta say these trails are super-maintained. There are stum-jumps, ramps, and rails....the trail system has a little everything; for beginner and plenty to satisfy advanced crank-headz... Eastern Virginia Mountain Bike Association is responsible for upkeep and development. Recently alot of work has gone into Freedom Park and it totally shows! Great work guys... 5stars totally.

Tuesday, May 07, 2013

A really excellent hike. Dog friendly but dog must be leashed. My boyfriend, my dog, and I had a great time hiking though the woods next to peaceful streams and checking out all of the ruins on the path. Part of the trail was closed but we still had a great time.

Saturday, March 30, 2013

I have been to this this trail several times, and rode the A, B, C, and part of the D loop. C loop is by far the most difficult and I believe is rated a double black diamond course due to it's numerous TTF obstacles. Take extreme caution and only ride within your skill level.

The A and B loops are pretty moderate and shouldn't be too hard for intermediate riders. D, E, and F loops are a little overgrown, and don't seem to see much action.

Overall, this is a great trail system and not too far of a drive from where I lived in Norfolk, VA.

Friday, December 23, 2011

Great park! Has 3 trails, A, B, and C. C is the most difficult (or fun depending on your point of view) with jumps of varying sizes, steep drops, see-saws and other technical obstacles, although you have the option to ride around all of them. The A trail is the longest, and the multi-use trail is good for a smooth ride or for hiking. Hikers are not allowed on the A, B, or C trail though. love the park, go here quite often!