Forest Hill Park Trail

Forest Hill Park Trail is a 2.7 mile loop trail located near Richmond, Virginia that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I started on a Sunday morning about 9 am and it took me about an hour and 20 minutes. I encountered a handful of bikers, runners, and other walkers. Definitely keep an ear out for the bikers, they can sneak up on you pretty quick. Not too difficult of a trail but it is narrow with lots of rocks and tree stumps so watch your footing. I had to refer to my map at a few trail crossings but there are trail markers every so often. Overall I had an excellent time and I absolutely recommend this trail. Oh and it’s dog friendly :)

Nice trail, great to run, goes up and down and need to be careful when running not to stubble on roots or stones. Quite busy trail with families, bikers, but people very respectful and makes the run an interesting and enjoyable experience. Keep the map open to check where on the trail you are as there are several trails crossing. Have fun!

found this taking a wrong turn on the buttermilk trail, nice trail gets kinda noisey near the end though when youre right next to the road. nice spot to hang out on some rocks near a stream

Great fun hike with the family. Kids enjoyed the switchback trails and elevation changes. Had a good variety of scenery and was a good distance at just under 3 miles for our 8 and 6 year olds. Definitely will do it again

Overall a great trail. We took our 6 and 2 year old and they loved it. If you have younger kids bring a carrier as their legs get tired. Don’t forget snacks and water!

This is not an easy trail as rated. Definitely moderate with a lot of ups and downs and switchback. Very shaded but not well marked. Think like a biker and you'll probably make right choices. Using All Trails GPS was a first.

very nice trail. we will do it again.

Very nice trail. To get very adventurous walk the trails closure to river side. We spotted Crane, Gar fish and Falcon. Will visit again since there is lot to explore. Our kids (10 & 2) really enjoyed it

Sunday, April 22, 2018

like the many Trails......

Monday, February 19, 2018

For a little place there's a lot of little things to explore. Love the cascade little water falls and all the urban city views. Not hiking but a great work out for walking

Sunday, January 21, 2018

I found the trail to be hard to follow as there are a lot of side trails everywhere. We started on the Buttermilk trail and walked through the tunnel to connect to this one. Very different than the Buttermilk where you feel a bit more secluded. In my opinion it’s not a very pretty trail and there is too much city noise for my liking but that’s just me.

Monday, September 11, 2017

Nice profile, but for hikers a bit boring. You are always at "the same place ". I would say it my be perfect for bikers and runners. You can always add a bit...

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Good trail like walking it

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Great for mountain biking or running a time trail 5k. The name of the park speaks for itself, plenty of trees and hills!

Monday, March 13, 2017

An excellent leg and sure footedness workout!

Sunday, September 11, 2016

I love living next door to this beautiful little oasis.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

I forgot that I was near the city during parts of this hiking and that is a huge compliment. I wish in parts of the hike that you were not sharing the space with mountain bikers, feel dangerous for hiking with children or animals.