Fenwick Nature Trail

Fenwick Nature Trail is a 1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near New Castle, Virginia that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

The trail is easy and there is a feeding station you can get food for the fish in the pond for a quarter. Beautiful hike and well maintained. A warning; a suspicious male was seen during this hike. I am keenly aware of my surroundings and suddenly he appeared behind me on the gravel section towards the “train”. The individual went into the bathroom and then disappeared again with no one saying he passed them when I asked on my way back to the car. When I returned to my car he was sitting alone in a van. He quickly drove away and returned a few minutes later when I passed by the trail out of curiosity to see if he had returned. It could all be a coincidence but it’s better to be cautious.

Very easy nice distance walk. The waterfall at the end is beautiful!! So much wild life you can see.

Thursday, March 09, 2017

Beautiful, very easy short trail.

Monday, February 09, 2015

This is a very nice walk in a relaxing environment. Most of this "trail" is flat, although I did see another trail up above our area which I didn't have time to explore.
On one end, is a nice waterfall/water hole that looks fun to wade in on hot days. On the other end, there is a pond/marsh and play area to cookout or jump on the "train".

Monday, March 27, 2017