Farmville to High Bridge Trail

Farmville to High Bridge Trail is a 13.2 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Farmville, Virginia that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

What most people miss when they come to High Bridge is the Mountain Biking trails.

There are 2 loops of bike specific single track on the Rochelle tract, located half way between the Farmville Plaza and the River Road parking lot. The entrance to the Rochelle tract has a kiosk at gate and a gravel road going up a hill. Both loops come off the gravel road on the right. The Early trail is a 1.6 mile beginner loop with great flow and just enough trick to keep the interest of any advance rider. The hardest part is climbing the gravel road up to the entrance, it exits at the bottom of the hill. The Burnside Technical loop is 2.8 miles of advanced riding with a good aerobic component mixed with sweet flowing sections, roller coasters and serious drop thrus. Be cautious the first time thru, as there are a couple spots that can catch you off guard.

So, to all those people that say how boring the High Bridge trail is. All I can say is you missed one of the best parts of the park.

Beautiful and easy trail. The highlight is reaching the bridge with its views.

Too flat. A little boring for my taste.

love walking the bridge and exploring down by the river under the bridge

I entered off River Rd. in Farmville. The trail is an easy enough hike and you can make it as long or short as you want. I hiked about 3 miles just to see the bridge and explored the city too. I was a bit disappointed due the lack of fall color during my mid-October hike and it was a bit boring being just straight path.

This trail is not easy. I think it should be rated as moderate. You must pedal constantly. We managed to do 49.4 miles going down and most of the way back.

We did a short trip across the bridge and then explored the area under the bridge. Nice view from the bridge.

Easy and enjoyable trail with fantastic views from the bridge.

Beautiful views of the Appomattox River.

Easy breezy! Great for bikes, kids, or anyone who wants a nice flat trail to walk with awesome views.

Difficult to find, but we eventually parked at 555 River Road to walk about a mile to the bridge itself. The views from above the treetops are fabulous--it would be an amazing place to watch a sunrise or sunset. Super easy (because it's extremely flat).

Easy bike ride on an old rail bed of packed gravel. The bridge is definitely worth seeing.

Loved it! Beautiful views!

Great flat trail.

Monday, January 16, 2017

Great trail, I will be back again for a bike ride or just a walk.

Sunday, December 04, 2016

We parked at the River Road Access and enjoyed the walk on the rail trail to the far side of High Bridge and back on a wonderful early spring day (the end of last March). The views above the Appomattox River were beautiful.

Thursday, October 20, 2016

This was a great ride. Farmville is such a nice, bike friendly little town. And the high bridge was thrilling.

Thursday, October 20, 2016

A really cool bucket list trip. I agree that the safety stuff took away a little but not so much.

Friday, July 29, 2016

I am sure this trail is beautiful in the fall. The bridge has cool history and a sight to see. I have been wanting to walk this trail for years now. I must say i am pretty disappointed with my walk across the bridge. I am 5'4" and all I could see is wooden safety railing. My husband is 6' and he could barely see over the side of the bridge. Too many safety precautions has ruined the beautiful view.

Saturday, April 30, 2016

smooth well graded paths, more of a walk than a hike.