Farmville to High Bridge Trail

Farmville to High Bridge Trail is a 30.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Farmville, Virginia that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Easy bike ride on an old rail bed of packed gravel. The bridge is definitely worth seeing.

Loved it! Beautiful views!

Great flat trail.

Great trail, I will be back again for a bike ride or just a walk.

We parked at the River Road Access and enjoyed the walk on the rail trail to the far side of High Bridge and back on a wonderful early spring day (the end of last March). The views above the Appomattox River were beautiful.

This was a great ride. Farmville is such a nice, bike friendly little town. And the high bridge was thrilling.

A really cool bucket list trip. I agree that the safety stuff took away a little but not so much.

I am sure this trail is beautiful in the fall. The bridge has cool history and a sight to see. I have been wanting to walk this trail for years now. I must say i am pretty disappointed with my walk across the bridge. I am 5'4" and all I could see is wooden safety railing. My husband is 6' and he could barely see over the side of the bridge. Too many safety precautions has ruined the beautiful view.

smooth well graded paths, more of a walk than a hike.