Farmstead Loop and Piney Run Spur is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Purcellville, Virginia that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.6 miles Elevation Gain: 206 feet Route Type: Loop

see website -- http://www.blueridgecenter.org/

Overall a very enjoyable hike. You feel very secluded. That said, it seems like a majority of the trails were clearly meant for horseback riding, so expect to get muddy and/or wet. The trail isn't marked the best in places, and I actually lost the trail for a bit, and ended up having to cross a river over a fallen log. I believe I eventually ended up on what I think is the "Legacy Loop".

Love this trail! It’s on the “easier” side versus “moderate”. The parking lot may be full at times but you’ll rarely see more than 2 other people on the path.

The trail was great but there were a lot of hills

Nice trail. The Farmstead loop is well marked.

Pleasant hike but not super well marked in places. I wanted to do the legacy loop, and didn’t see any trail signage for that (despite the farmstead loop being well marked in comparison). When I did realize where the turnoff had been (missed it the first time), the creek (though beautiful) was much too deep to cross in hiking boots and no stepping stones/easy way to navigate. Also the trails were fairly close to each other - several families with children shouting made it less immersive for me personally. As of 3/19, still open during COVID.

Great hike with a dog

Sun Mar 24 2019

The sign for the piney run loop was down and we didn’t see it until we returned via that loop. Creeks were too high to cross so will have to return. The gps was not showing me on the dotted line trail and there are other trails in this area that are not on the All Trails app which can cause confusion. I had to use the center’s maps to assure my location.

Timber and I had a nice afternoon walk

Sat Mar 16 2019

Great trail for a quiet, easy hike through a nice mix of habitats.