Fallingwater Trail

Fallingwater Trail is a 1.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bedford, Virginia that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

bridge out

In the blue ridge a quick hike. Hike down to the falls, fantastic in the fall. Perfect with kids and dogs. Hike back up is a good workout. Well worth it.

Wonderful hike with my dog Walter! Loved the serenity and the falls. I did the loop. Once at the falls I crossed and the rest was pretty much an upward hike. For me a bit strenuous but an great workout. I am a beginner.

This trail is my favorite mainly because of the short distance to rocks and water! My daughter and I enjoy climbing on the rocks and exploring the creek life. Well worth the trip!

Good short hike. I went counterclockwise. I believe that going clockwise may have been more challenging and rewarding. The flow was low so the waterfalls weren't that good but well worth it.

Not a larger waterfall, but take a look at pictures on my Instagram:w.a.b.flicks

This trail was amazing from the easy start to the hard finish. Less than half a mile in the water fall begins and natures simplistic aesthetics keeps you going.

Monday, May 29, 2017

We started our hike from the bottom of the falls and worked our way up. I found this to be the rewarding way to go because just when you think you've seen them, the more you go up the more falls you see. They just kept going up & up. Higher & higher. It's a spectacular hike for such a short distance! Great views & amazing falls!

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Very satisfying for such a short hike. Lots to take in...views, falls, and even some rocks to play around on. Although of course very slippery around the falls, so watch the kiddos if they're adventurous like mine. Good for a quick hike if you're looking for a short outing, or continue across the road for Flat Top. Kid and dog friendly. I give a full 5 stars because I like the fact I can take the whole family, and my kids range from 14 to 5.

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Great short trail for the kids! Water, rocks, up and down the mountain side. It's pretty and fun even with your dog like I did. This was a great end to my hiking day after Sharp Top.

Monday, November 28, 2016

A pretty wooded trail with some nice views of the surrounding mountains. It is a little rocky in a few places, but nothing difficult...and there is just enough elevation change to make the short hike more fun. There are two parking areas along the Parkway. I started from the spot that also includes the Flat Top Mountain trailhead. I would recommend taking the loop clockwise for better views of the falls while hiking back up along the creek.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Amazing day and beautiful trail.

Monday, June 13, 2016

Thickly wooded trail...falls at the mid point are nice and easy....not spectacular, but good enough :)

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Beautiful, I went with my 5 year old godson and he was just fine, the way back up is a bit strenuous (for a kid) but the falls are amazing

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Go after the rain, waterfall was great today

Sunday, May 29, 2016

I'm not trying to beat this little park up but it just wasn't much to look at.

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Checking out Falls is my thing, short hike, enjoy the falls, turn out to be better then I expected, worth the hike

Saturday, April 30, 2016

The Fallingwater Cascades Trail is located at MP 83.1 on the Blue Ridge Parkway. It's relatively short (almost 2 miles) with moderate inclines, and worth the effort. The trail is well maintained, mostly wooded, and slightly rocky. The closest bathrooms are located at the Peaks of Otter Visitor Center (MP 86).

Sunday, April 17, 2016

This is a nice trail! We really enjoyed it. There a few spots you can safely get close to the water! You hike down first, then back up, it's obviously steep on the way back, but a great hike.

Friday, January 01, 2016

Well maintained and fun for kids and dogs

Monday, September 07, 2015

Well maintained trail, hiked the whole loop.

Sunday, September 06, 2015

Nice atmosphere on an interesting and fairly well maintained trail. The trail itself is narrow and quite rocky, so make sure to watch where you are stepping. The waterfall is small and access to it is minimal. There are two parking areas and no matter which parking lot you park at you will be going downhill to the waterfall and uphill to climb out. If you were to park at the Falling Water parking area you have a longer climb out but it didn't feel as steep. If you park at Flat Top and go down from there you will have a shorter climb out but I think it is steeper. It is not very crowded and there is some small wildlife- bugs, butterflies and we did see a black snake. Overall it is fairly nice and was quite enjoyable.

Monday, August 24, 2015

The trail is very well maintained and easy to follow.

Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Good trail - fairly easy to navigate. Brought kids with me, didn't experience any major issues. Whatever prior damage that was mentioned has been repaired. Several benches along the way to rest on and blended well with surroundings. A little steep at the end for tired legs. Might be better to park at the lower lot and begin with an upwards hike than to end with the mostly inclined return.

Monday, December 10, 2012

Great walk in the woods! If you get lost and climb down the falls you get an awesome view. Mostly down hill with a little up. There is a tree across the path but you can easily crawl under it, the bridge is fixed too. I want to come back if it snows.

Saturday, September 08, 2012

Great hike but the cascades are only okay. Crabtree Falls is much better. The storm did damage the bridge but you can still do the whole loop. The rhododendrons were beautiful.

Friday, August 31, 2012

Good trail. Update...the recent derecho has wiped out the lower bridge. Apparently the falls recieved % inches of rain in an hour and a debris dam built up, broke loose, swept down the falls and tore up the bridge. The trail is closed at that point so now it is an out and back.

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

I love Fallingwater Cascades. It is a nice peaceful hike, and after a rain the waterfall is great. Love the sound of the water. It's a fairly easy hike down to the waterfall, but depending on which way you come back it could be moderately strenuous if you do the loop.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Great trail beautiful waterfalls my wife and I found an excellent place to set up our eno hammock and relax and enjoy the view. Not very difficult hike but very enjoyable.