Sand Cave and White Rocks Via Ewing Trail

Sand Cave and White Rocks Via Ewing Trail is a 8.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ewing, Virginia that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and horses and is best used from March until December. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

cave

historic site

geocaching

Love

one of my favorite trail I ever hiked sand cave and white rocks offer wonderful views.

This was a fantastic hike. Long and difficult, I really enjoyed it. The only drawback was the amount of clouds kept me from seeing a good distance when I got to White Rock. All in all the hiking experience was fantastic though.

excellent hike.

Sand cave is one of the most interesting features on any of the hikes we have done! Took about 5 hours but we took our time and spent an hour at the cave watching kids sled down. This is a moderate hike with a couple steep sections.

I absolutely loved this hike. It was perfect weather and beautiful day for views. The terrain is moderate and hard on the knees coming down.

We took our two year old in the carrier to just the White Rocks overlook and back. This was 6 miles roundtrip with 2k in elevation gain. Turn right at mile 2.5 under the hitching post, head up to the trail intersection at mile 3. There are several signs but none tell you to turn right for the overlook. The White Rocks camp area is straight at this intersection but you can't even really see a trail. Not much to look at one the way up but still really nice and peaceful. The view at the top is stellar. Trail well maintained. Moderate traffic, more than I expected. Lots of dogs (on leash) on the trail. No signs of bear but we saw snake, frog, salamander, snow caterpillar, and vultures at the viewpoint. Sand cave would've added 2.5 miles or so along the ridge from what I could tell.

Great hike, the Sand Cave was amazing! Needs some work on trail signage. Well maintained trails.

My absolute favorite hike!

An amazing place.