Devil's Marbleyard Via Belfast Trail

Devil's Marbleyard Via Belfast Trail is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Natural Bridge Station, Virginia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

Follow 501 North to the Blue Ridge Parkway. From there take a left onto the park way and follow it for about 7 miles then make a right onto Petites Gap rd. (Petites Gap rd. is a single lane dirt/gravel road on the side of a mountain. Be very careful on your way there and back.) The trail head is about 2.7 miles on your right.

Challenging, fun, great workout!

Hiked this one today. Actually, that was my second attempt to climb the rocks all the way to the top. First time around it was drizzling all day long, boulders were slippery, and I did not finish it. Today was sunny - different story. Good traction, because it was dry, and spectacular views all the way up (if you are climbing the boulders). Very very challenging climb, and I have done some tough trails. Rocks are getting bigger towards the top, and harder to climb. I had enough brains in the end to take side trail down instead of jumping boulders back...lol. Highly recommend if you want entire body workout. Do not recommend if you have knees problem.

did the hike with the family today. I do a lot of hiking.....this trail is WOW. the pictures do not do it justice. As you peak the first set of rocks, you're thinking you're done....and you look up and.....a LOT more scrambling. totally worth the effort and if you like scrambling you will love this!

Great hike. Pretty good trail up to the actual Marble Yard. The trail that skirts the yard to the right is very steep and narrow but a good challenge. Beautiful views along the way if you step out on to the rocks, WOW.

This was a fun trail, completed with our 5,7, and 11 year olds. Note, if you are following this recording, the Marbleyard is about the halfway point, we did not spend much time on the boulders and headed to the ridge for a snack break.

This a 4⭐️ for uniqueness. This isn’t for the faint of heart. Definitely a challenge. This is the first rating of Difficult that was on the mark. If you do any climbing you’ll love it. I don’t so it definitely had me working for that elevation on the boulders. Saw so people making short work of it though. The pictures do NOT do justice to the view of the boulder yard rising up in front of you. Pretty wild spot.

We climbed the boulder yard almost to the top, whew! Sore the next day, but really amazing views. Not recommended for children the boulders would be too challenging. The trail right next to the boulder field was a steep descent, poles definitely came in handy. Really unique hike that I’m glad we did!

Amazing but path on marble trail difficult to find best path off main trail.

great hiking. good workout

By far the most fun hike I've ever done. I went off trail and climbed the rocks up then took the trail back down. It's definitely a good workout and the whole thing is pretty steep. I highly recommend it! It was suggested to me by some locals and I'd never have known about it otherwise. I had the trail all to myself in the middle of a Sunday.

Did this hike with three boys ages 3, 8 & 10. Absolutely beautiful. Highly recommend.

This trail IS NOT for the Wimps in the group. It gives the body a chance to warm up before it hits you with both barrels! The rock field is fantastic and gives one the opportunity to traverse an amazing natural formation that includes challenges for those that boulder to those that spelunk. This trail will become a favorite, give it a try, you will not be disappointed. Enjoy!

Great trail as long as you don't follow it, the fun part being rock climbing

Great trail. Well marked and pretty moderate in difficulty. I’m pretty athletic and I did get winded a few times but it’s definitely doable! The last scramble over the rocks is a little bit daunting but the view is definitely worth it!

Pictures don't do it justice

I live in Lynchburg about 45 minutes away. Been up there many times. Anytime an out of towner asks me where to go I suggest the Marble Yard. It is an awseome hike. Weekdays are better than weekends, parking can be an issue.

Awesome! This was beautiful on a clear day.

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Monday, September 04, 2017

Very difficult once you reach the rock scramble, but a whole lot of fun!

Monday, August 28, 2017

Loved this hike it was tough and very hot but loved it!

Monday, August 21, 2017

Nice hike to the rock scramble which is the best part. A few very small stream crossings. The trail heading back down from the very top is pretty rough which is my only negative.

Sunday, August 20, 2017

This is an easy hike. Kids will love climbing on the rocks. Just watch for snakes. I tried to do the loop but couldn't find the trail where it intersects so I turned around. Be prepared if you try this and attempt to bushwhacked. Parking can be a challenge. Great hike at a unique place.

Saturday, August 12, 2017

One of my favorite trails in Virginia. If you're not too worried about snakes, it's awesome to go out at night in the summer, lay on the warm rocks and watch the stars.

Sunday, July 23, 2017

8/23/15 great leg workout awesome rock scrabble I would do it 10 more times

Thursday, July 20, 2017

very hard but stunning

Monday, July 03, 2017

Hell of a hike but fun their is a easy path if u don't want to climb rocks

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Tough climb and a great workout. Huge boulder field to traverse!!!

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

One of the most unique trails in the area. Great day hike. VERY limited parking.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Had a great time with this hike today. I would recommend the out and back here. There are some other areas that show this as a loop. The trail at the top by the camp ground area, is a small trail, and ends quickly. It is not marked. Not for those who are not ready to hike off trail to get back to parking. Very fun area. This a must do, simply for the beauty of these rock formations.

Monday, March 06, 2017

Hiking up the rocks and back down the trail behind them made for a great day trip!