Devils Fork and Devils Bathtub Loop Trail

Devils Fork and Devils Bathtub Loop Trail is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fort Blackmore, Virginia that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Scenic hike to the Devil's Bathtub, a scoured rock formation within Devil's Fork Creek. Hike follows the creek closely along its entire course, crossing the creek multiple times and passing several scenic swimming holes, rock formations, and waterfalls. This hike continues beyond the Devil's Bathtub, climbing the mountain and returning to the original trailhead. Beyond the Bathtub, however, the trail is much less maintained and may be difficult to follow in some seasons. Overcrowding at the Devil's Bathtub has become a problem, exacerbated by disrespectful hikers ignoring No Trespassing signs and parking along private property when the trailhead parking area becomes full. Please be aware that ALL areas outside of the signed parking area at the trailhead should be considered private property and should not be used for parking. Access to the trailhead is only allowed through an easement from a private landowner, and disregard for property owners' rights by visitors does nothing but needlessly strain this relationship...and puts you at risk of getting your car towed. If you arrive at the trailhead and the parking area is full, consider going somewhere else rather than breaking local trespassing laws. The Bathtub will still be there on another day, and you won't have to fight crowds of people to see it. Little Stony Falls or the Guest River Gorge are alternative hikes, both of which are nearby, have similar scenery than the Bathtub, and are virtually never crowded.

Was able to get out and go day hiking on our last day of vacation. Was definitely well worth it! Hiked the trail and got to Devils Bathtub, then decided to continue on to mile marker 3 (about to the Three Forks Waterfalls or something along those lines). Was absolutely beautiful with lots of river crossings and beautiful sites along the way.

Pretty challenging. Some areas the trail is poorly marked. We hiked the trail clockwise, it looked like it would be very much harder doing the trail counter-clockwise. There is a second waterfall after passing Devil's bathtub that's well worth continuing on. We got there early and by the time we left, there were cars lining the road for about 2 miles. However, it was summer and a lot of people use the bathtub for swimming.

Buddies and I came for a bachelor party and stayed in a cabin near by. It's been awhile since any of us hiked, a couple of us never have, but we were able to handle the trails and streams pretty well. We had to go slow in some spots but we made it through and everyone came back in one piece. I definitely recommend this trail to anyone interested in a challenge.

One of my favorite trails ever! I lost count of river crossings. Trees to climb under and over on trail. Careful, recent fatality do to slip on rocks.  I only saw 3 couples. Parking was fine for me but if you go when busier you will be out of luck if no parking. Lot is very small! No where nearby to park if lot full. Also driving my camary was scary as I wasn’t sure it would make it out of the long puddles entrance road. I made it in and out though. I read some people said lots of trash. I picked up two water bottles and that’s all I saw besides a little broken beer bottles in lot. Bathtub is just to right of rope at 2 miles. It’s a 7 mile loop. I did 2.5 and care back to total 5 because I enjoyed crossing river so much and wanted to see bathtub again. Well marked trail. Look for yellow paint on trees and pink ribbons.

Awesome little hike! I went early before it got busy.
The bathtub it’s self is not easily seen from the trail... if you don’t know where it is it’s easy to miss. The sign they placed for it isn’t even on the trail... you have to turn and walk down the creek bed a bit to find it.

Did this early morning hike w 2 black labs and it was great! Rocks across streams were slippery, tho they looked dry, so be careful (busted my butt twice, ha). Beautiful hike, wish I had brought a plastic bag for the very few items of trash we saw. Do this, so worth it.

absolutely beautiful!! somewhat difficult and slippery but worth everything!

This place was breathtaking. I've never experienced anything like it. The whole 1.8 mile up hill, which is great because it's all down hill on the way back. Never lacked Beauty and awe. Definitely worth the trip. Wear good shoes you'll more than likely get your feet wet. Take your time so you don't get hurt. I wouldn't suggest children but they are yours you weigh there value and endurance. A rope just before you get to the first, confused with the bathtub but not, there is a rope and little footing as well as slippery take your time. But wow so absolutely worth it. Good luck God Bless

This trail is definitely not for anyone who can't cross 13 wide creeks and and a lot of slippery rocks. You have to pull yourself up some embankments every now and then, and where it's so heavily trafficked it's muddy and slick. The walking paths are easy in between all that. The Devils bathtub was very crowded and looked better online than in person. If you go past the bathtub there is another waterfall with a swimming hole, but I only advise experienced Hikers to go down. You have to work your way down to get to a rope attached to a tree to get down. Even as experienced as I am, I still slipped and tore my meniscus and got a MCL sprain. That made it very difficult getting back out. Lol.

Best hike ever. Don't let the length discourage you. Upper waterfall is difficult to get down to but well worth it