Deep Run Park Trails

Deep Run Park Trails is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Henrico, Virginia that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A very well maintained trail with a lot of wildlife tracks as well as interesting water features such as creeks and two lakes. A person could take a simple stroll in the park or a walk through the woods or even take less trafficked routes to go exploring. I felt very safe. Well trafficked. Even in the snow there was no shortage of footprints on the trails.

Great, quiet trail. Nice to travel down with a pup. Kind of easy to get lost.

Perfect place for a Sunday afternoon hike.

Nice paved trails.

Great little loop path/trail. Stroller Friendly but you have to be careful and pay attention to which way you go at crossroads because you could run into some stairs and have to turn around, but no big deal. Play area with infant/toddler swings and swings for bigger kids as well as some other play equipment. Beautiful lake, my kid loved it. Enough people where you don't feel like you're on your own in case of an emergency but not crowded either. I did see the biggest black snake I've ever seen in my life though, Easily 5ft long. Which I know they're harmless but heads up youngsters out of the stroller or dogs :) This is not the place I would go though if it were just me and I wanted to do some adventuring/hiking.

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Convenient because it's close. Very easy for walking and running, and doesn't take long. Not much for exploring or hiking though if that is what you are searching for.

Monday, January 16, 2017

Nice trail easy walk

Monday, October 24, 2016

Great place to take the dog and kiddos

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Nice network of wide, paved trails.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Easy trails in a nicely maintained park.

Thursday, June 30, 2016

We have taken this trail many times and like it... Easy yet interesting. Paved road makes it easy for bikes too..

Sunday, June 19, 2016

not marked well, small enough to figure it out.

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Mostly beginner trials. Some are challenging as well. There are few options for trails.

Saturday, April 09, 2016

Love this for a nice paved option with hills and woods

Sunday, April 03, 2016

good for beginner MTB'ers like me.

Saturday, March 05, 2016

Easy trails, nice park.

Friday, January 08, 2016

Easy trails with lots of local folks enjoying the park.

Friday, January 01, 2016

Great! Lots of people and our dog loves it.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Great. I've actually hiked it twice testing out some trekking poles.

Monday, September 21, 2015

Great park for those days when you can't go far. It's very close to short pump

Monday, November 18, 2013

I walked much of the trail today and I had a blast with my kids and girlfriend. There were lots of options to chose from. From paved roads to off road trails there was enough to keep me and my boys entertained. Lots of dogs! Very friendly local people visiting the part. Lots of play grounds. Great Parking. Clean Shelters.

Sunday, November 03, 2013

A little confusing the first time there. Amazing riding trails with little difficultly. It was a little crowded in the entrance.

Saturday, October 12, 2013

good area. live across the street so an wasy run for me.

Sunday, January 06, 2013

This is an easy trail, but very fun for jogging or walking dogs. There are paved paths as well as a beaten path through the woods. There are interconnecting loops to help mix it up each time you go. It would also make a nice mountain bike path.

Friday, August 31, 2012

Nice place to take the dog for a walk. Lots of people there on the weekends.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Good trail for an easy walk, not hard good for pets or kids.

Saturday, March 03, 2012

Just a county park trail but very nice hike around two small lakes and into the woods via a paved walkway. Very easy hike....don't know why its rated moderate should be rated easy.