Deep Creek Park

Deep Creek Park is a 0.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Chesapeake, Virginia that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

canoeing

437 George Washington Highway.

Not a long trail at all but very beautiful and interesting.
Gorgeous wetlands and several places for wonderful views of small pieces of water, and interestingly a well-protected but decrepit 1800s graveyard.

Good for kids, easy and pretty

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

I did this a couple years ago. It is a beautiful park.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Short trail, very easy, one of our favorites. This park is rarely crowded and the trail is usually empty. Lots of bugs in the summer, bring mosquito spray, not a lot of wildlife - ducks and crabs and occasionally a turtle - but a peaceful short hike. I hike this one with my kids several times a month. We always continue to the small island past the lookouts, although the last time we went the bridge was broken. Hiking that little island is my kids' favorite part. You can also take the trail over to the Ruritan Club.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

This is a beautiful spot. It was a beautiful day and the joy of the trails, water, trees, the lookout towers and the atmosphere will pull me back another day.