Crabtree Falls Trail

Crabtree Falls Trail is a 2.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tyro, Virginia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We stopped here during a drive from North Carolina to Pennsylvania. Beautiful area, though not a lot of room to explore.

Great hike, wonderfull views of the falls most of the way up the trail. My family of 4 and our dog made it without any difficulty.

Great trail for a family hike. It is moderate because you go uphill for most of the way to the tips of the waterfall. Uphill, but not difficult. There were people of all ages there. Very beautiful views.

A wonderful cascading waterfall that you follow all the way to the top, where you now have a spectacular view of the mountains. The signs say it is 1.7 each way, but it goes quick and isn't too strenuous.

Nice waterfall hike. 3.4 mile out and back trail. I think the 2.8 is if you turn back at the final waterfall view point (at 1.4 miles). There are some stair sections. Parking is $3 by deposit box.

Did this a while ago with the family. It’s a fun hike with a group of people.

Nice view, not too difficult.

This was a very fun hike! There are a lot of steps to climb and we did it in the winter a couple years ago and the rocks were slippery from ice. Beautiful waterfalls and an awesome view at the very very top. Going down was harder on my knees and took me longer to get down. Still worth the views!

The wife and I spent a whole weekend hiking Natural Bridge Cedar Creek trail & The Caverns plus Monacan trail then we went here to Crabtree Falls. We also hopscotched different trails on Skyline drive. Friday here was not so crowded The Falls are truly a sight to see. For this senior, I was happy with the switchbacks and steps. It made the hike much easier for me.

Crowded parking. Many do not wear the proper shoes for a steep rocky hike.

I did this hike back in January it was very pretty and it was -1 with traces of snow on the trail.

Great views along the way, especially at the top. Nice workout because of the stairs/switchbacks. Would be good for a trail run, however it can be a little crowded/high traffic in some parts.