Cold Spring Bald Mountain Trail

Cold Spring Bald Mountain Trail is a 10.5 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Stuarts Draft, Virginia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

off road driving

very nice trail change every year

off road driving

Very convenient trail to Wintergreen resort.

Very rocky start, but not in a good way. Rocks as obstacles are cool and fun, but nonstop 6-8" tall rocks just jar anybody not in the drivers seat. My kids (4, 6) hated the first 70% of the trail. 2nd part of the trail has lots of fun water holes.

Opens up to 2 decent views of valleys. Lots of camping spots.

Wouldn't recommend for those with passengers.

I haven't done many other trails in this area, so I'd definitely try them next before this again.

Great trail to hike hope to do 10 Miles of it in October

off road driving

What a trail, this was my first time on this trail and I have to say it was magnificent. Got a little rain in the middle of the trail which made for some pleasant puddles.

Good trail, brush is thick on sides. Would not suggest if you don't drive a jeep

off road driving

great trail id have to say its a jeep specific trail but yes i would definitely go back

off road driving

Great trail, but due to recent rain, some water was nearly 2 - 3 feet deep. Some rocky areas a little tough with a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Okay, yes, it was our first time going off road, and we thought we weren't going to make it! Whew!

off road driving

I had a great time good water puddles up and down the rocks just a great time in the rain

off road driving

Very Awesome jeep trail. We took the alternate trail which is a few miles in, very narrow and expect some minor scratches if you take the alternate trail, but you can go around if you wanted to avoid it, very fun and completely worth it. Never needed my winch and I was in a "Stock" 2016 Jeep Wrangler Willys. The stock Rubicon tires made a big difference. 2wd the first few miles until the alternate path which Lockers would have helped but were not necessary. switched between 4 low and high often. Will be returning!

off road driving

Great trail but we did the Jeep trail alternate and got scraped up along my sides due to the trail being narrow. Plan to go back and take a different path. We had 2015 t4r trail 5100 bilstines 3" lift w/ set of 285 70 17 nitto treagrapler. Didn't bottom or or get stuck. Used 2wd after the rocks

nice trail took my buddy off roading with his jeep first time he loves it he is hooked now

off road driving

It was nice for the first time off-road had lots of fun

off road driving

Had a great time , first time off-road in my jeep

Friday, July 29, 2016