Clyburn Hollow and Lake Trail Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(8)
Hungry Mother State Park

Clyburn Hollow and Lake Trail Loop is a 7.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Marion, Virginia that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 7.2 miles Elevation Gain: 1,026 feet Route Type: Loop

Logged right at 9 miles tracking with Fitbit which included hiking up to the Vista to view the lake and take a nice break. First time on all these trails except for the Lake Loop which I have completed many times. I am not sure where some of these building (the mill and log homes) are located within the park, I have never seen them on the trails I have been on!

Short trail that goes out to the historic buildings in the village. The trail turns into grass in a few parts. The buildings are not open and need a bit of repair.

Sat Apr 27 2019

This description is a little off to me. I hike the lake trail frequently it is 5.6 miles? Across the street is the Clyburn Ridge trail and there are a few different options here, I typically hike the full loop which is black diamond and I want to say just less than 5 miles? While they are in the same general area they should not be combined into just 1 hike.

Thu May 16 2019