Claytor Lake Area Trails is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Dublin, Virginia that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.2 miles Elevation Gain: 167 feet Route Type: Loop

Directions from Radford, VA: From I-81, take Exit 101 to State Rt. 660 which takes you directly to the park entrance. Claytor Lake Trail is accessible across the road from the marina, from campground loops C and D and across the road from the cabins.

Thu May 16 2019

Beautifully maintained and mostly shaded. Take a couple of the overlook trails to get a good view of the lake.

Mon Apr 01 2019

Nice state park with well-marked trails. I completed a mix of Claytor Lake Trail and Hidden Valley Trail for a 2.75 mile hike. Claytor Lake Trail was nice, with views of the lake, but Hidden Valley Trail was a little less enjoyable (it borders private property, crosses a couple of roads, and some areas had some trash and debris). That being said, the park is certainly still worth a visit. I'm looking forward to checking out some of the hiking on the south eastern side of the park next time. $7 to park.

Wed Jan 02 2019

We completed the 1st Day Hikes challenge at Claytor Lake. Made it to the overlook. Great trails and well marked. Beautiful day. Happy 2019!

Fri Nov 16 2018

I think it has around 12 miles in total of trails , wonderful park I love it

Sun Nov 11 2018

Beautiful park with many trails and loops connecting together. Great signage along all trails, well marked along the whole path with directions to different view points or back to campgrounds or other trails. Great overlook of the lake and nice quiet setting. Dogs allowed.

Sun Nov 04 2018

We stayed in one of the cabins on the lake. I walk my dog on the trails each day. They were well marked. I would go back.

Sun Dec 24 2017

Nice small state park. Trails were well marked .

Tue Jul 25 2017

You can mix and match trails. Easy to run.

Mon Oct 10 2016

We encountered some young deer and birds. Even though it was raining, the trails were easy to hike and keep our bearings.

Sun May 22 2016

I do this trail often with my two dogs. It's a nice, quick outing with pretty scenery and it's usually not very busy. There are multiple trails within the park, and the one we usually do is the first part of the Claytor Lake Trail that then leads into the Bent Tree Trail loop (this ends up being a loop approximately 2.4 miles long). The trail head for this route is literally right inside the park entrance. I don't know where the directions linked to this app take you but to get to Claytor Lake: From I-81, take Exit 101 (Claytor Lake) to State Park Road (State Route 660). State Park Road ends at the park's entrance. There is a parking fee unless you have a Virginia Parks access pass.

Sun Jan 10 2016

There isn't a trail that's accessible that I could find. These directions lead you to a dead end. Really upsetting!