Cape Henry Trail

Cape Henry Trail is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Virginia Beach, Virginia that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until August. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

beach

First Landing State Park contains a number of trails for both multi-use (biking and hiking) and hiking only. Osmanthus and Long Creek trails are but 2 examples of trails reserved specifically for hikers that present totally different views and environments.

Mountain biking is a stretch to describe this trail. It does have some very pleasant views, especially once you get to "the narrows" section.

Mostly flat but you can make it fun if you get creative

Fun trail, cool scenery. Was able to bike this trail with my 10 year old daughter.

Very nice, well kept trail. Some cool cypress swamps along sides and Spanish moss hanging from trees. Basically flat the entire length and excellent footing. Could run 2-3 abreast if you wanted. Multiple side trails you could take to mix things up or make longer. Able to run this trail as fast as you'd like without issue or worry about footing. Would definitely run it again.

Long, but nice way to feel like you're out of the city...

Kinda boring after a while, but nice wide well kept trail for running. Can get busy esp during weekends. I still prefer the less traveled more varied trails that you can catch off of this one. But it gives you a nice path to get to those trails!

Amazing for being so close to civilization.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Decent wide paths for walking, running, biking. Leads to a small beach which can get pretty packed out on the wknds, perfect on an off day.
Not a whole lot of wildlife along these trails as its so heavily trafficked, I think they stay away. If you can get past the visitors center opposite side of the beach then there's a ton of really old and ancient large turtles that will come up under the boardwalk

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Fun and easy

Thursday, February 18, 2016

It's a beautiful place. Wide trails. Very nice lake at the end with a small beach :)

Monday, February 01, 2016

Great! Beautiful views.

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Great place to run, bike, hike and enjoy the outdoors.

Monday, September 07, 2015

One of my favorite spots for family time. At the beach and in a cove so great for younger kids so you don't have to worry about them getting attacked by the waves.

Saturday, September 05, 2015

I have hiked here and run here. Love the running community. If your looking for solitude, that may be hard. Go further back on the trails. I don't see as much wildlife, but the trails are wonderfully maintained. Been hiking, running, biking these trails for many years. Its much cooler on the trails than on main roads so great place to run. Summer is really busy and can't wait til fall to try it out then. Great family beach as well. *if your looking for a place to run in the dark, I would not recommend it. No lights. They trails aren't really technical. couple of different options to try to not get bored. And the bathrooms, the welcome center is always clean. ++ in my book. :)

Monday, July 20, 2015

If you love nature in general this is the perfect trail. My son and I hiked it today, it was SUPER BORING. I expected to see birds, lizards and snakes. All we saw was huge butterflies and misquotes. We decided half way to try another trail. Glad we did.

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Great hiking trails!

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Great for biking

Friday, June 19, 2015

Main trail us great for biking.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Rode my bike on the longest trail, multi-use trail. It's nice and shady, also pretty easy to ride for all types of bikes. I saw mountain bikes and beach cruisers; I was on my bmx bike. $7 to park for VA residents...

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Flat trail. Took it at a fast walk from parking lot to south end and back about 10 miles rnd trip. Overall decent surface but did have to navigate around several mud holes from recent rain. Shaded, wooded, pleasant not particularly scenic but pleasant.