Buzzard Rock at Read Mountain

Buzzard Rock at Read Mountain is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Cloverdale, Virginia that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I think this should be rated hard it has a lot of inclines and at the top it gets pretty hairy

Great local trail without having to drive too far. Located at the back of a neighborhood, the main trail takes you up to the buzzards rock for an okay view. The hike is a good one - the view, not so much... 5 stars for hike...2 stars for view

Try it with the CCC trail. Makes a nice, almost 5 mile loop. Seems a little more difficult if you hike it clockwise.

Challenging home for my boys and myself. Great day too go, but man are we tired.

Beautiful views at top

First time out and loved it! Great fall or winter hike. Wonderful, rocky trail. Not too crowded. Extra star for being 10 min from the house! :D

I did this trail by myself yesterday. It was truly wonderful. I went early and had the place almost to myself. Lots of squirrels and deer. Lots of large boulders to look at along with beautiful plant life. The hike itself was great and I loved it. I wish some of that overlooks would’ve had better views. Too much overgrowth. When you get to the top it was really nice! I would definitely do this one again!

Monday, August 14, 2017

Great trail to plan at the last minute! Would consider this trail easy to moderate. Very dog friendly. Some good views along the way! Would rate this trail as a seven only because the view at the top is limited due to overgrown trees.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Read Mountain is a newer county park in Roanoke area. Great short hike with views of Roanoke valley at the top. Can be combined with two other options for hike closer to 5 miles. Small parking lot, picnic tables and porta-jon (which was extremely clean the day we were there).

recorded buzzard rock/ read mtn