Buttermilk Trail

Buttermilk Trail is a 4.7 mile out and back trail located near Richmond, Virginia that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Went early; wet day, so no bikers but runners on the trip back. Bit slippery. Trail is beautiful at the 12 - 21 markers, not so much at the start by 22nd street.

Great trail to advance your mountain biking or trail running skills!

Beautiful trail with some challenge. Quite a few bikers which made it more difficult to navigate with my two large dogs. I would do it again, but without my animals.

Beautiful hike. I went on a Sunday so it was fairly busy, lots of mountain bikers and running groups. The path is pretty narrow and has a fairly steep drop off along the majority of the way. As it's not a loop but doubles back, you'll hit a lot of traffic in both directions. It's hard enough to step aside to let others pass, nearly impossible with 2 large dogs. I'd recommend going if you're with a group that can help you bully your way through, but I'll skip another solo trip.