Bushey Point Trail is a 2.1 mile out and back trail located near Woodbridge, Virginia that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 2.1 miles Elevation Gain: 98 feet Route Type: Out & Back

River view, campgrounds, fishing Short easy trail following the Potomac River until it reaches Powell's Creek. There are several picnic and fishing sites, as well as camping (with reservations) along the way. The trail begins beside Lee's Woods Trail, and dead ends at an intersection with Powell's creek trail, and can be used to make a longer loop trail by connecting all three.

fee

fee

Good trail overall, almost two miles (there and back). The last two thirds are a very narrow path (fits one person). The trail itself is pretty well walked, especially in the first third. There is wooden fitness equipment in the first third of the trail as well. The last third was covered in leaves and had a lot of downed limbs. We didn’t quite reach the end due to a large downed limb on the bridge. There is a semi-steep hill in the last third that may be tricky for elderly walkers. Trail is dog friendly and very scenic. You walk in both woods and right along the water. There is a $6.00 parking fee for the park, but an annual pass is pretty inexpensive.

Great hike along the water and through the woods. Lots of shells along the beaches that made our little one happy!

Very active trail, take your time and look around. Lots of butterflies, wild flowers, saw a deer, a water snake, tons of minnows, frogs, snails, and birds. Beautiful and short hike. Will be doing this again and connecting with Powell Creek trail.

Sat Jun 17 2017

Very easy non crowded trail for this close in to D.C.

Mon Mar 27 2017

Easy trail with beautiful views of the Potomac. Highly recommended. Many great sandy areas for my dog to go swimming. I did not see any signs requiring dogs to be leashed so I was able to let me lab loose 90% of the trail. Lots of wildlife.

Sat Mar 25 2017

I started my run on Bushey Point Trail and connected it to Powell Creek. The trail gets pretty narrow in some spots which is can be problematic when it's populated. The trail is easy but popular. If you want to avoid the crowd, come early.

Tue Jan 17 2017

I looped it with Powell Creek and loved it. The day was cool and nice. I thought it might rain but it never did.

Tue Jan 17 2017

A nice hike on a nice day. It was too cold for sitting, but perfect for hiking. I loved the bridges and the water views along the Potomac.

Wed Aug 03 2016

Loved the trail and especially nature and the bridges. We got off the trail accidentally after coming across the 3rd bridge so use the map to stay on track. There are numerous trails.

Thu Jun 09 2016

Went with my 5 year old and he loved it, even though it was unplanned still had a great day

Mon Jan 30 2012

I walked the Bushey Point/Powell's Creek, starting from the Bushey Point trailhead and looping the Powell's Creek trail. Total distance of the two is about 3 miles. The trails are well maintained, easy to walk, and well marked. I had my two dogs with me on a sunny Saturday morning. There were a few other folks (runners and dog walkers) on the trail. NOTE: The trail is in Leesylvania State Park and access to the park is $5.00 per day or you can purchase a year long pass for $36.00.

Sun Mar 24 2019