Bushey Point Trail

Bushey Point Trail is a 2.1 mile out and back trail located near Woodbridge, Virginia that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

River view, campgrounds, fishing Short easy trail following the Potomac River until it reaches Powell's Creek. There are several picnic and fishing sites, as well as camping (with reservations) along the way. The trail begins beside Lee's Woods Trail, and dead ends at an intersection with Powell's creek trail, and can be used to make a longer loop trail by connecting all three.

Very easy non crowded trail for this close in to D.C.

Easy trail with beautiful views of the Potomac. Highly recommended. Many great sandy areas for my dog to go swimming. I did not see any signs requiring dogs to be leashed so I was able to let me lab loose 90% of the trail. Lots of wildlife.

I started my run on Bushey Point Trail and connected it to Powell Creek. The trail gets pretty narrow in some spots which is can be problematic when it's populated.

The trail is easy but popular. If you want to avoid the crowd, come early.

I looped it with Powell Creek and loved it. The day was cool and nice. I thought it might rain but it never did.

A nice hike on a nice day. It was too cold for sitting, but perfect for hiking. I loved the bridges and the water views along the Potomac.

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Loved the trail and especially nature and the bridges. We got off the trail accidentally after coming across the 3rd bridge so use the map to stay on track. There are numerous trails.

Thursday, June 09, 2016

Went with my 5 year old and he loved it, even though it was unplanned still had a great day

Monday, January 30, 2012

I walked the Bushey Point/Powell's Creek, starting from the Bushey Point trailhead and looping the Powell's Creek trail. Total distance of the two is about 3 miles. The trails are well maintained, easy to walk, and well marked. I had my two dogs with me on a sunny Saturday morning. There were a few other folks (runners and dog walkers) on the trail. NOTE: The trail is in Leesylvania State Park and access to the park is $5.00 per day or you can purchase a year long pass for $36.00.

Tuesday, May 03, 2016