Burke Lake Trail is a 4.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Springfield, Virginia that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

partially paved

Nice flat loop around lovely Burke Lake. This is a mixed use trail for walkers, hikers, runners and bicyclists. The trail runs from concrete to gravel to dirt and is well maintained.

Very scenic 4.5 mile loop around lake. Mostly dirt trail with some paved. I found several places very muddy from earlier rainy weather. Trail should be better maintained in those areas.

Great trail around Burke Lake. Saw waterfowl and deer along the route. Easy access from multiple locations around the lake.

If you have iffy knees this loop is great. Very little asphalt mostly dirt and sand. If you are a trail runner great beginning for better things.

Great trail! We took our kids (ages 7, 5 and 4) who all rode bikes and rode the entire trail! Only a small portion at the beginning was paved (asphalt), the rest was a well established trail (dirt). We'll definitely be returning!

This little haven in the middle of Fairfax is the nicest place you can get away to with just driving 10-15mins from home. We enjoy every time we come here. Mostly for walking, fishing, and biking. Its open year round.

Nice loop around a quaint lake. Perfect place to run! There are a lot of activities in the park to do other than the trail like fishing, golfing, mini-golf, carousel, train, boating, and frisbee golf

This is a great hike close to home. The trail is not cleaned up of branches and fallen trees regularly but I don’t mind. The lake is beautiful.

This is the place where lot of marathon runners train.

Great for walking and running. Sometimes there are too many bikers which can be annoying if you’re running or walking. Lots of shade and a few bathrooms available.

Absolutely beautiful and I plan to come back. I didn't know that I had to pay 10$ because I don't live in Fairfax but it was definitely worth the 10$! I will definitely visit again.

My go-to place for hiking, walking the dogs or running. Fairly easy and flat 4.7 mile trail. Go early as gets busy on nice and sunny days. Free for fairfax county residents ($10 for non-residents).

$10 fee to get into the park for non residents

Great place! In my opinion, it’s much nicer to visit on a bad weather day or week day when it’s less crowded. It can be tough to get through large groups of people bc not everyone shares the trail. I like to connect the lakes and get around 11 miles to run to Mercer and back to the lot. -that is my fave FFX run! I do it 2x a week.

Excellent trail for running. Easy and wide for passing. Beautiful too.

Beautiful and easy for a quick hike.

Sunday, November 05, 2017

Bring the whole family and the dogs too! beautiful easy hiking trails. kayaking, frisbee, and great fields for pickniks. playgrounds, minigolf and a train ride too! I've spent many weekends here and can't wait for my next visit. also, those of you who play pokemon go...this is the place to come!

Thursday, November 02, 2017

Great walk with beautiful fall foliage. Walked around the whole lake with a stroller!

Sunday, October 01, 2017

Very pretty. Very easy.

Sunday, September 03, 2017

great trail but markings are unclear at times.

Thursday, July 06, 2017

love running this trail, not too far from the house too making for a longer run.

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Beautiful local park!

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Easy hikes. Kid and dog friendly.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Nice easy walk, lots of people on a Sunday. Plenty of room to pass. Gorgeous lake.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Great run, but the mileage is closer to 4 than 5. Advise going when it's been dry for a few days. It holds some water in low areas causing some slippery and muddy spots.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Loved this trail it was a lil rocky for some parts because we had the baby stroller with us, but its easy and scenery was beautiful!

Monday, May 08, 2017

Beautiful! Loved it

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Completed 5.5. Sore. make sure you go the right way or you have to backtrack.

Monday, April 24, 2017

Easy trail to start with

Friday, February 17, 2017

It was very peaceful and it was beautiful to see the bald eagles that live in the park now. Took internal trails with my pup to avoid the cyclists and runners. I look forward to going back!

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Amazing trail for early morning bike ride