Bright Hope Trail

Bright Hope Trail is a 5.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Chesterfield, Virginia that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

This is a great trail for training, because its actually 3 different loops. The largest (Bright Hope) is 5.4 miles, but there is also a 3.4 mile loop if you cut through to the Clark Forest path, or a 1 mile loop if you take the first fork. Gives you a lot of flexibility in your distance. Only reason I'd rate it as 4*, is that (1) This is popular for horses, so watch out for droppings and you must be careful when approaching the horses, (2) as others have said, not much in the way of scenery, just an inner forest run, with a few exceptions, and (3) its mostly double-track fireroad, and a bit rocky/gravel in some spots.

Great trail! Some sunny spots. Best to do early morning or evening in the summertime.

I was able to hike this trail with a 7 year old and an infant. Easy walk and plenty to look at in terms of animal tracks, fallen trees, and the hidden cemetery was a good find

Monday, July 31, 2017

Nice and easy to navigate 5 mile run. Not much to look at during this run, tho if you have time there is a cemetery that is hidden along the way.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Saturday, March 19, 2016

I hiked this trail with a 25lb back pack on 3-18-16.It was 72 degrees outside and it took me 2:27 minutes.It was 5.48 miles,mostly dirt roads and woods,a few creeks and a small cemetery.I recommend this trail more for horse riding and mountain biking unless you just want to get a 5 plus mile hike in.

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Not a bad hike for my "backyard". Nice scenery and relatively flat.

Downgraded to 3 stars for the ticks and chiggers. Every time I hike it, I'll pull a couple of ticks of my dog. Also don't venture off the trail too much because of the chiggers. I always wear long pants on this trail for that reason.

Still it's a good hike and worth the time.

Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Great trail for hiking! Mixture of slight uphill and downhill slopes. Creek running through trail in parts. Trail surface is dirt and small gravel mixture

Saturday, January 02, 2016

Nice running lop trail. Good mix of hills and scenic areas.

Saturday, June 28, 2014

This was my first trail run in VA. I just moved here from Italy and I really enjoyed it. I may have gone off course a little (cause I got lost) but I really enjoyed the run.

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Plenty of plants and some wildlife to see. Lots of ticks, so be careful.

Monday, September 23, 2013

This is a loop trail, not point-to-point as was previously labeled.

Nice, pleasant hike for a family. Not too challenging. There are some elevation changes, but they are easily handled. A lot of the trail is on fire roads so a group can easily walk and converse.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Easy trail, rated moderate for length only. Nice trail for horses. Bring bug spray in the summer months, we didn't see any other wildlife though. Don't miss the cemetery.

Friday, August 02, 2013

This was a nice trail; it was very wide, as in big enough for a car for much of it. The surface was fine gravel/sandy dirt most of the time. Very few rocks and roots, and very flat. It was pretty but nothing about it jumped out at us like, "Wow" to make me rate it more than 3 stars. We did enjoy it and it was very peaceful.

Thursday, September 07, 2017