Bright Hope Trail

Bright Hope Trail is a 5.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Chesterfield, Virginia that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Nice and easy to navigate 5 mile run. Not much to look at during this run, tho if you have time there is a cemetery that is hidden along the way.

Saturday, March 19, 2016

I hiked this trail with a 25lb back pack on 3-18-16.It was 72 degrees outside and it took me 2:27 minutes.It was 5.48 miles,mostly dirt roads and woods,a few creeks and a small cemetery.I recommend this trail more for horse riding and mountain biking unless you just want to get a 5 plus mile hike in.

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Not a bad hike for my "backyard". Nice scenery and relatively flat.

Downgraded to 3 stars for the ticks and chiggers. Every time I hike it, I'll pull a couple of ticks of my dog. Also don't venture off the trail too much because of the chiggers. I always wear long pants on this trail for that reason.

Still it's a good hike and worth the time.

Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Great trail for hiking! Mixture of slight uphill and downhill slopes. Creek running through trail in parts. Trail surface is dirt and small gravel mixture

Saturday, January 02, 2016

Nice running lop trail. Good mix of hills and scenic areas.

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Friday, October 17, 2014

Friday, September 19, 2014

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Saturday, June 28, 2014

This was my first trail run in VA. I just moved here from Italy and I really enjoyed it. I may have gone off course a little (cause I got lost) but I really enjoyed the run.

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Plenty of plants and some wildlife to see. Lots of ticks, so be careful.

Monday, September 23, 2013

This is a loop trail, not point-to-point as was previously labeled.

Nice, pleasant hike for a family. Not too challenging. There are some elevation changes, but they are easily handled. A lot of the trail is on fire roads so a group can easily walk and converse.