Bluebell Trail

Bluebell Trail is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bentonville, Virginia that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Front Royal, VA: Travel 8 miles south of Front Royal on US 340 to the park entrance. Continue straight on the main park road for approximately 2.5 miles. When the road Ts, turn right and follow the road until it dead-ends at the campground parking lot. Bluebell Loop begins in the eastern corner of the campground.

Very disappointing. The trailhead was not clearly marked. Apparently I was supposed to take the White Trail but it was not marked as the Bluebell trail. Then I saw a sign that said to follow the blue blazes. After about 10 minutes I realize that is not correct either. I had the Alltrails map up on my phone and could clearly see I was moving away from my intended trail.
After backtracking and trying to follow the Alltrails map in reverse (this was a loop trail so it didn't matter which direction around I went) I am told to follow the paved road for a bit then cut onto the trail, which I discover is indeed the White Trail. This 'trail' goes beside a discus golf area and a very noisy waterpark. Not what I'd hoped for a Sunday walk in the woods, and a far cry from the Conway Robinson trail I took lkast week, which was a real gem.

Easy trail. Good for a one time walk

Love this trail for the bluebells. You have to come in early April to see them! It gets a little crowded during bluebell season but it's a fun short loop that isn't difficult at all. It gets muddy though. Outside of bluebell season it's a little less crowded and I still love to do it if I just need a quick walk outside with the dog.

Sunday, January 03, 2016

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Perfect trail to ride bikes or walk your dog. It follows the river bank so the views are good.